Seventeen: "Pretty Smiles, Boys!"

Calum rubbed Harry's back as the boy puked up his guts into a bush, glaring at a few cops who decided to take their time to watch Harry throw up instead of working around the crimes scene like they should've

Calum rubbed Harry's back as the boy puked up his guts into a bush, glaring at a few cops who decided to take their time to watch Harry throw up instead of working around the crimes scene like they should've. He nodded when Harry apologized, the brunet wiping his mouth with the tissue Calum had passed him as he slumped back onto his knees.

He knew Louis was going to send Harry home, completely on board with the action when Louis would show up. Harry immediately fell sick when he saw the newest victim to fall under 'Jack Vic's murderous art. It was a perfect carbon of his partner, green eyes, long brown hair, facial build, body mass. It could've been Harry and that's what made the boy sick.

Calum wouldn't lie either, it was disgusting to see the man who he trusted his life with lying in a casket with flowers replacing his organs. He knew this was a mind game, only surprised that it wasn't him but knew it wasn't supposed to be a physical or mental attack. It was an emotional attack because Calum cared for Harry more than himself.

He craned his neck when he heard a door slam, relief flowing through his veins when he saw Louis immediately coming over to him with confusion as to why his best officers were crouching in the bushes instead of working. He stood with his arms crossed over his chest, face filled with distaste at the sight of Harry's bile in the bush.

"Hi-Hi, sir." Harry muttered, using Calum to stand before Louis. "I'm sorry-"

"The victim is supposed to be Harry. The note makes it explicitly clear of that. It's a picture of him with his eyes crossed out and his initials on the bottom. He got sick and we were waiting for you to show up to see what you wanted us to do next." Calum explained because all Harry would do is try to beat around what happened so he wouldn't get sent home.

"Obviously, you're getting your ass home, Styles. I don't want to see you again without a confirmation from Hood. You take him home and take load off. Do you want to take over his things or have someone else assigned?"

"I will. I'll get the report done tomorrow after checking in with Cory." Calum nodded, taking Harry by the elbow and directing him away from the scene as Harry pouted at neither of them allowing him to speak.

Still, he got in the car when Calum held the door open for him and waited for Calum to round the car to drive him home. He laid his head on the chilled window with his eyes closed, the driver door opening as Calum climbed into the car and started it. He kept his eyes closed the whole ride, thankful that Calum left the soft music on. The ride was fairly short, Harry somehow getting tired by just sitting in the car. Calum practically carried Harry up to his house, his arm around his waist and Harry's arms draped around his neck. He took out his keys, unlocking Harry's door and walking the sick brunet inside.

He laid harry on the couch, chuckling when Harry pouted for some ginger ale but complying and going into his kitchen. He poured him a cup, giving it to the younger male, who quickly brightened up with a smile as he took it into his hands. Sitting up properly, Harry ran his over over the rim of his glass before looking up at Calum with softened eyes.