TWO: heartful reunions

The whole group looked shocked, "Did you just say Dixon" a woman said with short brown hair said from behind the tall man.

"Yeah, I did," I said sarcastically. I am fed up with this group and their questions.

"Oh my god" a lady with very short gray hair said.

The tall man's facial expression has changed almost completely. He now had a slight smile on his face, "Well I'm Rick, the boy you saved was Carl, this is Maggie" he said pointing at the woman with brown hair, "the woman with the shorter hair is Carol, and this is Glenn" he pointed at another man who had short, black hair. "We have someone for you to meet" he continued.

He nudged the sheriff boy next to him and the boy ran off to one of the far fences across the field where people were killing biters through it. He got a man with what seemed like a crossbow from here. I wonder why they would want me to meet this man specifically, I assume he's the leader and will determine if we get to stay and all that bullshit.

As the man got closer I started to make out some of his facial features and they seemed strangely familiar and then it hit me.

"Dad!" I yell as I run towards him.

"Finn is that you?" he yelled back.

But before I could answer I had embraced him in a hug. He squeezed me a little bit before spinning me in the air. He sat me down and I felt another body which I assume is Claire hug us from behind.

"I thought I would never see you again", I mumbled through my tears. It was true, I thought I would never see my dad again. I had given up hope that he was alive a long time ago.

"I missed you so much Daddy," Claire said as we both pulled away from the hug.

I finally got a good view of his face. It was more worn then I remembered, it looked as if he had aged over ten years in one. His hair was longer and tears were streaming down his face like mine and Claire's. "I love you both so much. I tried to get to y'all, I really did but..." he trailed off.

"I understand dad", I say giving him one more hug.

Again I realized that we weren't alone and that there were about 10 people staring at us, "What are you all staring at! You all act as you've never seen a happy family reunion!"

"It's just we've never seen Daryl cry before!" the woman named Carol giggled through her tears.

We all laughed a bit and dad said, "Come on, I'll show you around your new home"

Dad took us on a tour of the prison. It really was a beautiful place, well for a prison it was. It had lots of food, beds, running water, and people. Which are all things I haven't had or seen for a long time. At this place, Claire can be a kid again and we can both finally live, not just survive.

"And here's our final stop, your cell.", dad pointed to a small cell with a bunk bed and a small dresser.

I walked in and took it all in. "Great, I've always wanted to have my own cell," I joked even though I was so grateful to finally sleep in something that wasn't a tree.

"Why don't you all rest up a bit before dinner," he said in his deep southern voice. My voice never developed the southern twang my dad has because my parents moved farther north when I was born, "I'll be out on guard duty so if you need anything ask Beth, she's babysitting Judith downstairs."

"Judith?", Claire asks curiously. Claire loves babies. I think she would be the perfect mom one day, she just knows all about them but me on the other hand, I'm terrible with babies. Yeah, they're kinda cute but I never know how to calm them down and that's a skill you need in the apocalypse.

"Judith is Rick's daughter and Carl's sister. She was born just a little bit ago. Maybe you can babysit her some time." he said with a wink knowing how much my sister loves babies.

"Oh also my cell is right below you all and Carl is in the cell next door if Beth isn't downstairs" he adds. He walks into the cell and kisses each of our foreheads, "I love you girls"

"Love you too dad"

XXX

Awwww how sweet.

Sorry this was a really short chapter meant for the family's reunion only. I just wanted to display how important it was for Finn that she finally found her dad.