THIRTEEN: betrayal

I woke up and rolled over onto my side to grab a glass of water. I drank about half the glass before setting it down. I missed waking up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining through the window. I also missed being able to wake up and go do my job. I have been in the same clothes and I haven't showered since I got sick. Hershel says he can't risk it.

Last night Jenna, Claire, and I talked for hours. We talked about everything we could think of including crushes, our favorite movies, how life used to be, etc. It was one of the best times I have had in a while and I can't wait till I get out of this literal prison.

I climbed out of bed and walked downstairs. I found Glenn tending to Sasha who is just getting over her sickness. "Need help?" I ask.

Both Glenn and Sasha turn their attention to me. Glenn is the first to answer with, "No thank you Finn but I do have something for you."

Intrigued about what he has for me I walk closer to Hershel. Hershel holds out a pill and a glass of water. "It's the medicine your dad brought back."

I take the glass of water and the pill from his hands and swallow the pill. "Thank you so much Glenn!"

I looks round and notice Hershel isn't in the room, "Where's Hershel?"

Sasha answers this time, "He ran out with Michonne"

I nod and start to walk out of the room when I hear Glenn say, "Hey Finn!"

I turn around to face him and he continues, "Hershel told me that after you took your meds you were free to go"

I started to feel myself smile uncontrollably. "Seriously!" I exclaim

"Seriously." Glenn smiles.

I smile and thank him before running straight out the door. The first thing I do is run to my cell and change out of my sweaty clothes. I change into a pair of leggings and a maroon long sleeve shirt. It felt so good to finally be in clean clothes.

Next, I ran out the door and into the field. I felt the fresh air fill my lungs and the sunshine finally touch my skin. It felt so good to be outside again.

Then, I ran over to someone who I haven't really ever talked to before and asked where the children had been quarantined. She pointed me in the direction of the rooms they had been packed into and I immediately ran that way.

Once I reached the place they were staying I barged into the room which scared a couple little kids. "Sorry" I mumble as I look around for my little sister. I spot her in the corner playing with Judith and I run towards her.

"Claire I missed you so much!" I mumble as I hug her from behind. It felt so good to finally be able to hug mys sister again. I really did miss her so much.

"I missed you too Finn!" she whispered back.

I let go of her and she turned around to face me. "Did Hershel finally let you out?" she asked.

I laughed. "No I snunk out" I answered sarcastically.

"Really?"

"No Claire. Hershel let me go" I laughed.

"I'm so glad you're back Finn" she said and Judith cooed as if she was agreeing.

"I'm glad i'm back too"

"Oh! Jenna is in the other room if you want to talk to her!" Claire explains.

I get up and say goodbye to Claire before going to see Jenna. I'm pretty excited to see Jenna after last night. I really feel like we have gotten pretty close.

I reach the room and I slowly opened the door to the room. Once the door opens far enough I see two people kissing.

ew. Do they really have to do that in here?

As the door opens farther I recognize the two people and my heart drops. I fling the door the rest of the way open and it crashes into the wall causing my friends to turn their heads. I see both their mouths drop when the notice it's me that caught them making out. We all just stand there for a minute staring at each other. My friends move their mouths as if they were trying to speak but nothing comes out.

I can feel my face get redder by the second. I clench my fists trying to keep the anger in but it doesn't work. I start to yell at my once friends, "What the hell is going on here?" They both look at me with their mouths still wide open. "Are you all going to answer or are you just going to stand there with your mouths wide open!" I yell.

Carl starts to stammer, "We were uh just uh nothing"

"Nothing! That was nothing? From this angle it looked like you two were sucking each other's damn faces off!"

They both just look at each other and look back at me. This reaction makes me even more mad.

"What the actual hell Jenna! I thought you were my friend! You knew how terribly this asshole played me and now you're here making out with him! What the hell! And anyway I thought you liked Tyler or did you lie to me about that"

Jenna looked shocked at the words coming out of mouth but she eventually worked up the courage to answer me, "I did like Tyler! I just changed my mind"

This sent me over the edge. "Son of a bitch, You changed your mind and that makes everything alright!" I said sarcastically. "What the hell does that even mean? You knew how terrible he was and what he had done to me but you don't care, do you? You were just faking like he was!" I yell at Jenna.

I turn my attention to Carl, "And you, why do you like her? Are you kissing her just so your daddy can let you borrow his gun? Or is it because I wasn't good enough because I don't wear crop tops and lipstick like she does!"

I feel my face get red with embarrassment and Carl's face twists with confusion. Carl starts to say something in response to my statement but he's cut off by a loud boom coming from outside and without thinking I run out of the door and towards the noise. I run all the way back outside and I see a group of people gathered by the fence that separates the field and the prison. Confused on what's happening I run up behind the group. "What's happening?" I whisper.

Maggie turns around and points across the field. I follow her finger to see a group of cars and a tank parked outside the fence.

"Rick come down here! We need to talk!"

XXX

Well great, another person turns on Finn. She's not having very good luck with her friends at the moment.

I wonder why Finn got so mad at them kissing? ;)

Q: Do you think Finn overreacted again?