Chapter 9: Dude

When we arrived on the Tourney field Ben greeted us and I told him Fairy Godmother thought they could use this. I then sat down on the side lines. I started sketching Carlos and Ben playing. "I will work with him coach," I heard Ben say. Ben came to me. "Want to help me with Carlos?"

"Not trying to get us, together are we?" I asked him.

"Nope just thought since you are fast you could help," Ben said.

"Un huh," I said as I got up to help him.

"Let's just do some sprints," Ben told Carlos.

"Okay," Carlos said as he started running. I then heard a bark and got worried. Then I saw Carlos run past and then the campus mutt Dude. "Oh no he is afraid of dogs," I told Ben as I ran after Carlos with Ben behind me. Then we made it into the woods where Carlos was up a tree. "Carlos come down."

"Lily! Ben! Get this rapid pack animal. He will rip you apart," Carlos yelled.

"Carlos who told you that?" Ben asked.

"His/My mother," we said at the same time.

"Carlos have you ever meet a dog before?" Ben asked.

"No," Carlos said climbing down from the tree.

"Carlos meet Dude, Dude meet Carlos," Ben said as he handed Carlos Dude. "You guys had it pretty rough on the isle." Carlos nodded as I sat next to him on the log.

"You don't get very many belly rubs," Carlos said as I rubbed his back knowing it had it the worst. I tried to get him away from Cruella as much as I could, but then she would make me do chores with Carlos. Maleficent thought it was a good idea to teach me how to act.

"Good boy... I mean you are a good runner. I am going to leave you to get to know each other. Lily don't forget about the meeting later," Ben said. I nodded as Ben left.

"He is pretty cute isn't he," Carlos said.

"Yea you are.... I mean yes he is," I stutter.

"It isn't so bad here is it?"

"No, it is not. I mean there are some annoying people. But a lot of them have been patient with me since I came back."

"Was it hard?"

"At first yes. I stole every chance I got. I lied a lot. But Ben, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Belle were really understanding. They took the time to understand that things were different one the Isle."

"At least you had family helping you through it."

"And you have me to help you. I still lie every now and then and the pickpocketing has gone down a lot. But the Isle will always be a part of who I am."

"You will never change that?"

"Even if I could I wouldn't. You aren't your parents. When Family Day comes you will see I am not mine. I may look like my mom and have her powers, but I am not like her. You don't have to be evil like your mother Carlos. You could stay with me."

"Really you want me here." He blushes.

"I do. Who would protect me during thunderstorms?" I nudged him.

"Ha very funny."

"I am serious Carlos I don't want to lose you again."

"Thank Lily I appreciate it."

"No problem. Now I have a meeting to get to I will see you later okay?" I hugged him.

"Bye Lily," he hugged back. I started to walk off. "O yeah don't forget you have to tell me what happened with the wand." He nodded as I walked away. I need to get him a phone that he doesn't have to steal that way I can always find him. Later in the day I brought Carlos a phone that Jay didn't have to steal for him. I already put mine and Ben's number in it. He hugged me and told me thanks. He was playing with it with a smile on his face when I left.