Chapter 11: Love Spell

We all head to the kitchen and I sit on the counter with Carlos my head on his shoulder. Mal gives me a slight smile What is with her she already knows I like him.

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry," Mal said stirring the batter.

"Let's just chop up some onions," Carlos suggested.

"No. It Says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best, so we must follow it exactly," Mal stated

"A tear's a tear," Jay said.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear," Evie explained.

"Listen to you. Lily?" Mal turned to me.

"Sorry fresh out right now," I told her.

"Yeah, I knew that," Jay tried playing it off.

"Did not," both Carlos and I said at the same time.

"Yeah, I did," Jay still trying to play it cool. Then Lonnie walks in.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Lonnie asks coming up to Mal.

"Nothing special. Just cookies. Oh, no, no!" Mal said trying to stop Lonnie. Lonnie dips her finger in the batter.

"Wait, wait, wait!" both me and Carlos trying to stop her.

"What? I'm not going to double dip," Lonnie said.

"Feel anything?" Evie said.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal asked her.

"Hey, there," Jay said trying to flirt with Lonnie

"It could use some chips," Lonnie stated.

"Chips?" Jay and I asked.

"And those are..." Mal wondered.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." we all looked at Lonnie. "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"I don't remember if mom ever did that for me." I said putting me head down. Carlos put an arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

"It's just different where we're from," Mal said.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids. Oh... How awful." Lonnie teared up and Mal swooped it up.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we must get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams," Mal said.

"Good night." And with that Lonnie left

"See you tomorrow. Okay, boys, cookie sheet. girls, oven," Mal told us.

"Yes, ma'am," both me and Evie said.

"Can one of the boys be next to you? I know it will probably be Carlos," Mal whispered to me.

"Maybe.... But I kind of want him to ask me," I blushed.

"That I can make happen," Mal told me.