Chapter 15: Family Day

I finally had enough. I went to their room before Family Day started.

"Carlos, I need to talk to you now," I felt my eyes turn blue. Carlos finally looked my way.

"Wow Lily are you okay?" Carlos asked.

"No will you please talk to me," I said.

"Why are your eyes blue first?" Carlos asked.

"When I get stressed or any high emotions my eyes turn blue. Now why have you been avoiding me," I asked him.

"I talked to my mother yesterday and I didn't know what she would say if I was talking to you, so I decided it was best to avoid you," Carlos told me.

"I am not afraid of your mother. I have powers that would scare any villain," I told him.

"I can see that," Carlos chuckled.

"Now I want you to finally meet my family and my brother," Lily said pulling him towards the festivities.

"You sure and why haven't I seen him at all," Carlos asked.

"He stays in Arendelle learning to be King for when my parents finally retire," I told him.

"Mom! Dad! Nick!" I said calling out to them and giving them each a hug.

"I missed you my little ice princess," Dad said to me.

"I missed you guys too. You need to visit more often," I told them.

"Well you could always come home," I heard Nick mumble.

"Nick! Lily is going to become advisor here. She has always had the decision where she wanted to live. As have you," Mom said to Nick.

"Anyways. There are some people I want you to meet," I waved Carlos, Jay, Mal, and Evie over. "I want you to meet. Mal, Evie, Jay, and my best friend Carlos."

"Hi, I am James, this is my wife Elsa and our oldest Nick," my dad said. Nick looked hesitant to shake their hands.

"Carlos and Mal are the reason I survived on the Isle," I told them. Mal walking off to meet Aunt Belle and Uncle Adam.

"Nice to meet you. Queen Elsa and King James," Carlos said being formal.

"You don't have to be so formal with us. I am glad that our daughter has found some friends that don't judge her for her...." My mom trailed off not knowing they know about my powers.

"Mom they know about them," I told her.

"Well even more reason to like you then," James told him. Carlos looked so nervous.

"Mom, dad Aunt Belle and Uncle Adam invited us to eat with them if you want to," I told them.

"Of course, I haven't seen my sister in months," dad said as they walked off to talk to them.

"Wow your parents are amazing," Evie told me.

"Yea my mom doesn't judge anyone. Dad especially after what happened with his twin sister Belle," I told them.

"So that is how you are related to Ben," Jay finally understanding.

Before we had lunch, Aunt Belle and Uncle Adam wanted to play croquet. I played with Dude with Carlos. Nick found Chad and went talking to him I will never know how those two became friends. Mom and Dad were talking to Aunt Belle, Uncle Adam and Evie. While Ben was taking his turn then I heard Queen Leah shout. "What? You! How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" I ran over to Mal's side.

"Queen Leah, It's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal," Ben said. "Don't you remember our proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" I added.

"A chance to what, Ben, Lily? Destroy us? Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter... Was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So, her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her," Queen Leah said.

"I'm so so..." Mal started to say.

"Go away! Stay away from her!" Nick said

"Don't do this, Nick," I said.

"What? They were raised by their parents, Ben, Lily. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh. You stole another girl's boyfriend," Chad added in.

"Hey, hey!" Ben said.

"Oh. You enjoy hurting people," Nick added in.

"And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater," Chad finished. I got mad and my powers started without me controlling them and a magic beam shot out and hit Nick and Chad.

"Nick? Chad? Lily did something to them," Audrey shouted as Carlos grabbed my hand and pulled me away tears in my eyes. I saw my mom mouth 'go' and my dad 'we love you' as Carlos brought me to a picnic table away from everyone.

"It is okay Lily," Carlos told me as I cried into his chest. I felt Mal, Evie and Jay join us.

"That was wicked cool," Jay said. I chuckled as I picked my head up.

"There is a smile," Carlos told me as he wiped the tears away.

"Thanks guys," I said. Then Ben showed up and put his hands on Mal's shoulder.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone? Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay. Lily, Chad and Nick are okay no permanent damage. Everyone will forget after tomorrow. I must go. I'll see you guys later," Ben said.

"Listen, Evie, I want to talk about earlier today. I just..." Doug started to say.

"Doug!" Chad yelled for him.

"It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry," I told him.

"Doug..." Evie said.

"Sorry, I can't," Doug said as he walked away.

"How long do you think that's going to last. Mal and Lily are just the bad girl infatuation," Audrey said.

"Yeah I mean Ben is never going to make Lily his advisor after this," I heard Jane say.

"Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair," I heard Mal say. "There's a lot more where that came from."

"Excuse me, who do you think you are?" I heard Audrey tell Mal.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" Mal said.

"She is not," I said as a snowball formed in my hand as they ran away. Then Mal got up and we started to follow her.

"Thank you Mal for everything," I told her.

"You are my little sister; you can stay with us if you would like. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand," Mal said.

"Maybe a sleepover in my room I can get the guards to bring in more beds,"

"That sounds amazing," Evie said.

"Carlos and Jay, you are welcome to join I have video games too," I told them.

"Of course, there is no way I am letting you be by yourself," Jay said.

"Come on Carlos I can order sweets," I told him.

"I was going to come anyways but sweets are always an option for me," Carlos chuckled.