Chapter 17: Princess to Advisor

At the coronation I walked in with Ben. Carlos and Mal already at the front.

"Ready to do this lils?" Ben whispered to me.

"Ready as I will ever be," I whispered back. We knelt in front of Fairy Godmother as she took the crown off Uncle Adam's head and placed it on Ben's head. She then grabbed the tiara that Aunt Belle was holding and placed it on my head. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother said to Ben.

"I do solemnly swear," Ben said.

"Do you solemnly swear to advise Ben as he govern the people of Auardon as long as he shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked me.

"I do solemnly swear," I said.

"Then is it my honor and joy to bless our new king and advisor," Fairy Godmother started to say. I stood up and I saw the Jane had the wand. Carlos pulled me behind him. "Child, what are you doing?"

"If you won't make me beautiful, I will do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbdi-boo," I heard Jane say. Then the magic stopped, and I saw that Mal had the wand.

"Mal, give me the wand," Ben said.

"Stand back," Mal said.

"I told you so!" I heard Audrey say.

"Let's go!" Carlos said still protecting me from the wand.

"Revenge time," Jay said.

"Do we really want to do this?" I asked Mal.

"We have no choice, Ben and Lily! Our parents...." Mal said

"Your parents made their choice. Now make yours," Ben said.

"I think I want to be good," Mal said.

"You are good," Ben and I said.

"How do you know that?" Mal asked.

"Because... Because I am listening to my heart," Ben told her.

"I want to listen to my heart too. And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents," Mal said turning to Jay. "Stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team make you happy." Mal turned to Carlos." Scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought? Spending time with Lily makes you happy." Turning to Evie. "Evie... you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart." Mal turns to me. "Lily being friends with you make me really happy. You are my sister. I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben." Finally facing Ben. "Because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys," Mal said putting her fist out.

"I choose good, too," Jay said putting his fist to Mal's.

"I choose good," Evie said putting hers in too.

"So, just to be clear, we don't have to worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're going to be really, really mad." Carlos said.

"Your parents can't reach you here," Ben told them.

"If they do, we will face them together," I said.

"Okay, then. Good," Carlos said putting his hand and mine into. Then Ben put his in too.

"I'm back" Maleficent roared as Carlos pushed me behind him

"It can't be. Go away, mother," Mal said.

"She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop," Maleficent said. Then Mal tossed the wand to Fairy Godmother. "No!"