Chapter 5: Closing the Barrier? No Way!

"Every time we open the barrier we are exposed to more danger," Uncle Adam said when we got to where we were meeting Uncle Adam, Aunt Belle, and Fairy Godmother. "Maleficent, Uma, Hades."

"I feel like this is my fault. I am supposed to protect Auradon," Mal said.

"You did. You do. Both you and Lily protect Auradon," Ben said. Then my phone rings it is Lumiere. He tells me the Queen's crown and Maleficent's specter have been stolen.

"That was Lumiere. The Queen's crown and Maleficent's specter have been stolen," I said after I hung up the phone.

"Uma," Uncle Adam states.

"I don't think so," I say.

"When the people hear this, they won't leave their homes. Mal how do we keep evil out of Auradon," Aunt Belle says.

"I don't think there should be anymore going in or out. I think we need to close the barrier for good," Mal says.

"No, I don't think so. We can't live in fear. You never know who stole the items it could have been anyone," I said.

"Lily is right," Ben said.

"What is our duty?" Mal asked Ben.

"To protect Auradon," Ben said.

"And to best protect Auradon. We need to close the barrier," Mal said.

"No. I am not going to approve this. I don't think this is the best way," I said.

"Lily it is what is best for Auradon," Aunt Belle said.

"Fine have it your way I am not going to listen to this. I'm leaving," I say as I walk out. I hear my name being called but I ignore them and walk straight home. I need Carlos he always listens.

"Carlos!! Please tell me you are here," I yell once I get home.

"Yea I am in the kitchen," Carlos yells. I go in the kitchen and see him and Nick planning something.

"What are you two doing?" I ask as I sit at the bar.

"Nick asked for some help planning Jane's birthday party," Carlos told me.

"Well I need to get the cake. I will see you later sis," Nick says as he hugs me bye.

"Jay, Evie, and I are going to bring the cake and some towels. We are meeting up at Evie's before. If you want to help you can," Carlos says, and we walk into the living room and sit on the couch with Dude jumping on us.

"I would but I have another meeting right before so I can meet you there."

"Okay I know something else is bothering you. What is wrong?" Carlos ask as he grabs my hand and gets me to look at him. "Now I know something is your eyes are glowing."

I focus and get them to stop. "Promise it won't leave this room?"

"You know it won't. Now tell me. Dude no talking about this understand." Dude says yes and goes to sleep.

"Well they want to close the barrier for good."

"Do they really think no one is going to go in and out?"

"That is what they are saying."

"What did you say? Did you stand up for the VKs?"

"Of course. I know what it is like there. They deserve a better life. They all are living in fear of what could happen instead of trying to move forward."

"I know you will always stand up for us and the VKs."

"Thank you, Carlos. You always know how to make me, feel better." I cuddle into him as she starts up a video game. "Carlos, I forgot to tell you the Queen's crown and Maleficent specter have been stolen."

"What who did it?"

"They don't know of course Uncle Adam thinks it was Uma?"

"Who do you think it was?" Carlos asks still playing his game.

"I don't think it was Uma or a villain I have a weird feeling it is someone else."

"Can't you find out?"

"I would have to touch everyone and focus on that memory."

"I am not letting you do that." Carlos says as he hugs me closer to him.

"I figured you wouldn't. You never let me have any fun," I said as I faked pouted.

"Um what about the time I let you freeze the whole lake?" he paused his game looking down at me.

"That was only because I wanted to see if I could."

"And I didn't stop you but when you almost fainted at the end, I just helped you up and you unfroze it."

"Okay fine you win. You let me have fun. Now go back to your game. I am just going to rest my eyes and cuddle you." Carlos smiled as he resumed his game. Man, I love this man. He is going to make a great vet someday.

When I woke up the next morning me and Carlos were still cuddled up on the couch with the tv playing. I tired getting up, but Carlos hugged me tighter. "You aren't going anywhere," I heard a sleepy Carlos say.

"I have a meeting and you promised to help Nick remember?"

"Just a little bit longer. You are so comfy." I smiled and turned around to him. His eyes were still closed but he had a little smile on his face. "You are starting."

"But you look so cute when you are sleeping." Carlos opened his eyes and his smile grew bigger. "No fair I was still looking at the cute face."

"But now I can look at yours," Carlos said as he closed the gap and kissed me.

"Okay now that you are awake, we can get ready." I try and get up again, but Carlos holds me down.

"I didn't say you can get up." Carlos says with an evil smirk on his face.

"Why do you have that look on your face?" I try to get up again but this time I am meet with Carlos tickling me. "Carlos.... No.... fair you know.... I'm ticklish..." I say with laughs in between every word.

"I know that is the point. You shouldn't have tried to get up so early."

"Come on Ben is waiting on me...." I then come up with an idea. "Carlos you are going to stop of I won't kiss you all day and I will make sure it is cold water when you take a shower." Carlos gulps and runs away to take a shower. "I knew that would work!!!" I yell at him as he ran.