Chapter 14: First Date

When we finally stopped walking there was a beautiful picnic near the water. I was my favorite spot in Auradon. Ben must have told him.

"Wow Carlos this is amazing."

"I talked to Ben about your favorite place and your favorite foods. I hope you like it," Carlos said she we sat down.

"I love it."

"I'm glad I didn't want to mess up anything."

"You didn't this is perfect."

"I wanted to ask you out when you were at the Isle but never got the courage to do it until now."

"I'm glad you finally did. You were always my best friend. I never stopped thinking about you after I left."

"Really?"

"Yes, I cried on the way home I stayed in Auradon just so I could look out onto the Isle."

"Wow Lily."

"Isn't the water beautiful?"

"Want to go for a swim then?"

"Actually, I can't swim. I love the water, but I am afraid of being in it."

"Really can you tell me why?"

"Won't make fun of me?"

"Never." Carlos said holding my hand.

"Okay then. When I was little Nick, Ben, and I were swimming in the Enchanted Lake. When a thunderstorm came in. I was too busy playing that I didn't notice until it started pouring and the weight of the water pushed me under. Lucky my mom saw it happened and used her powers to help my dad reach me. He pulled me out and I was fine afterwards. But I can never go in the water without having flashbacks." Carlos came and wrapped me into a hug. I didn't even realize I was crying until he wiped the tears away.

"That is why you were always coming to me when a storm happens."

"Even though I want to be in the water so bad I just can't."

"Maybe one day I can help you get over that fear and teach you how to swim."

"Really you mean it?"

"I do Lily I want you to be able to get in the water you love so much."

"Thank you, Carlos," I said as I kissed him on the lips. I pulled away quickly. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry I liked it. Why did you pull away?" he asked me holding my head in his hands.

"I didn't think you liked me that way," I was cut off my Carlos kissing me this time. I didn't pull away and neither did he. The kiss sent shocks up my system and I never wanted it to end. When it did, I got on my feet and gripped Carlos's hand. "Where are you taking me?" Carlos asked.

"I want to show you my other favorite places in Auradon if you don't mind?"

"No, I would love to see more," Carlos said. I took him to my special place around the castle and my secret hiding spots. That I use when the princess duties get too much. He laughed. I lead him back to my room. Lucky Evie was already gone. I showed him the secret door I have in my room that nobody knows about except Ben. "Now I am going to show you this place only Ben knows about it so no telling anyone okay?" I tell Carlos as he nods. I open the door and walk in. The room is has a book shelve where my favorite book are. There are drawing on the walls with pictures of Ben and me. Then there is a couch.

"Wow this is amazing Lily. You did all of this?"

"Yea Ben helped me set it up."

"Is that us on the Isle?"

"Yea I drew a lot when I first came back. At first, I thought I dreamed it all. It was hard at first that I was back in Auradon. I didn't want to forget anything. So, I drew and wrote what we did on the Isle so I would never forget it."

"Lily what are we now?"

"Well I don't know. I think we need to get to know each other better then decide."

"I'm okay with that how about in a couple months we pick back up."

"That sound good to me. Ask me out on a proper date then."

"I will until then best friends."

"Always." That night even though we decided to stay friends for now. Carlos stayed over. When I woke up Carlos was already gone. I decided to meet up with Ben to see how family day preparations were going. "Hey Ben, how is everything going?"

"Good, how was your date with Carlos?" Ben told me as he winked.

"We decided to stay friends for now. So, I can get to know him better. How was the date with Mal?"

"Amazing. But she put a love spell on me." I looked away. "Did you know anything about this Lily." I avoided his eyes. "Lily look at me."

"Fine yes. But I told her she didn't need to do it. That you already liked her."

"At least you tried to stop her."

"I did cus I promise."

"That's good well we better get to class." With that I went to the Remedial Goodness classroom because I knew Carlos was getting out soon. "Hey Carlos," I said but Carlos just brushed by me. I wonder what is going on. I tried to talk to him all day, but he wouldn't talk to me.