Chapter 12: Homecoming Game

"You need to just tell her how you feel and break up with Audrey. She is so uhhh," I said talking to Ben before the game.

"I know but I don't like being the bad guy."

"If you won't I can."

"No Lily I need to do it. I wish I had another way to do it."

"Well while you figure that out. I am going to see Carlos and cheer him up."

"If I break up with Audrey you need to ask out Carlos."

"Fine but only if you break up with her before coronation." I said holding my hand out.

"Deal," Ben said shaking my hand.

"Carlos you are going to do great," I told Carlos trying to cheer him up before he had to be on the Tourney field.

"Lily I am not very good. I will just make a fool out of myself," Carlos said with his head hung low.

"Carlos look at me," I told him. "You just need to do your best. I will be in the stands cheering you on. I will be next to Mal and Evie. You freak out just look at me okay?"

"Okay. I will see you after."

I found my seat near Mal and Evie and cheered on Ben as loud as I can.

"I gave him the cookie," Mal whispered to me.

"Dang now Ben will win the bet," I mumbled to myself.

"What bet?" Evie said, of course she heard me.

"I told Ben that is he broke up with Audrey. That I would have to ask out Carlos," I told them.

"I can't wait I already been planning matching outfits for coronation," Evie said excited.

"O look they put Carlos in the game," I said trying to get off this conversation.

"I see you changing the subject," Mal whispered.

"Nope GO CARLOS!!!"" I screamed. Then the game was over then Ben grabbed the mike from the announcer. I face palmed he is going to do it isn't he. Then he starts singing. O no. I watch as my cousin is singing. I then look over at Carlos and he is dancing to the beat with him. I start to blush. Evie nudges me, "You got it bad girl." Of course, I blush even more. Then Ben is next to Mal.

"I love you, Mal did I mention that?" Ben told her.

"Chad is my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the coronation with him. So, I don't need your pity date," Audrey said as she kissed Chad.

"Mal! Will you go to the coronation with me?" Ben asked Mal.

"Yes," Mal yelled.

"She said yes!" Ben said into the mic.

"Let's go, Ben. The whole team is waiting for you," Jay said. Ben nodded and walked back down to the field. Ben gave me a wink before he left.

"I feel really bad for Audrey," Mal said.

"You do?" Evie and I both said.

"Yeah. I feel like if she were talented like you, and she knew how to sew and knew beauty tips, that she wouldn't need a prince to make her feel better about herself," Mal said.

"She is right Evie," I added.

"Thanks M and L," Evie said as I pulled them into a hug.

"I better so tell Carlos congrats," I told them walking onto the field. Carlos saw me and pulled me into a hug. "You smell."

Carlos laughed, "I couldn't have done it without you cheering me on."

"Yea you could I just helped a little," I blushed. Then Ben pulled me away to talk to just me.

"I broke up with Audrey now it is your turn," Ben told me.

"That doesn't count. You didn't technically break up with he just told Mal you loved her," I pouted.

"Still counts now go ask him already," Ben said pushing me toward Carlos.

"Fine." "Carlos can I talk to you? Alone," I said tapping him on the shoulder.

"Yea let's go," Carlos said as we started to walk to the castle.

"So, umm..." I said trying to find the words.

"Lily .....will you go to the coronation with me?" Carlos blurted out.

"No fair I was supposed to ask you because of Ben," I told him.

"You were?"

"Yea I made a bet with Ben if he dumped Audrey before coronation, I was supposed to ask you out. But you beat me to it."

"You bet on that?"

"Yea I'm sorry I wanted to ask you anyways but never could."

"Same so your answer?"

"Yes, Carlos I will," I told him as I pulled him into a hug.