Chapter 5

NO ONE'S POV

Mike was in his office typing on his keyboard with a solemn look on his face when a knock sounded on the door.

He groaned in disappointment. He hated being disturbed during work.

That's how serious his work alcoholism was!

"Come in," he barked out in an impatient voice.

The door opened a crack and Felix peeked in wearing his usual grin.

"Am l disturbing ?"

"Since when did you knock?"

Felix laughed coming into the room. He propped himself on his desk.

"Because l don't know what l will find in here. I could walk in, in the middle of a make out session."

"You are annoying," Mike replied, getting back to his typing.

Felix placed a newspaper in front of him. Mike raised an eyebrow.

"The old man got away this time," Felix explained.

Mike quickly took up the newspaper scanning the article with Logan and his wife smiling at a press conference.

"Logan told the media that the photos of him and Scarlett going around are photo shopped . He even held a press conference yesterday . His wife was also there and she testified that her husband would never risk doing anything that might destroy his family or his company's solid fame ."

Mike laughed at Felix's words.

"The old guy is definitely getting more cunning by the day. I underestimated him. He even brought his wife into this. Sick bastard!"

"Why don't you take this whole thing to the police?," Felix suggested.

"I can't .The photos are not enough evidence to tie down the bastard. He probably got connections with the big boys in the law enforcement and even in the media . That's why the media wouldn't dare write anything unfavourable about him."

Felix checked his watch and his lips turned up in a grin.

"The interview is about to start. Should l interview them again?," Felix asked hopefully.

Mike stared at his friend grinning widely and he knew the reason behind his excitement. Felix loved being around women. His mind didn't function properly in front of them. Felix conducting an interview for a secretary was like conducting a beauty search.

He couldn't risk another Scarlet!

"No way! This time l am doing it myself. I can't risk you hiring another mole in my company," he told him sharply and his face fell.

                        ~****~

                 KELLY'S POV

I sat in the waiting room wringing my hands.

It's not too late to back out, Kelly!

That little discouraging voice in me whispered but l brushed it off. I needed this job. I needed to be independent for once in my miserable life.

My eyes roamed around the room. Everyone seemed overdressed. Well except me!

I was clad in a black pencil skirt reaching my knees, a white blouse and black six inch heels l had worn at Rose's insistence. My chestnut curly hair was twisted into a tight bun at the top of my head.