Chapter 16

Kelly's POV

Rose parked her Mazda truck in front of Knights Fashion building. I stared at the tall intimidating building feeling nervous about going to the last floor where Mike Knight's office was.

Rose stared at me worriedly. I forced a smile on my face and squeezed her hand .

"I will be fine," l reassured her.

I had caused her worry these past days , always finding me with puffy eyes.

(Recap)

We walked out of the party and Kyle drove me home. He kept on asking me what was wrong but l brushed it aside saying l was just feeling tired and a bit tipsy from the champagne.

He finally gave up asking and drove in silence instead. When l arrived home , Rose rushed to me looking worried.

"Kay , what's wrong?," she asked me nervously.

I instantly dropped my clutch on the floor and rushed into her arms. I hugged her tightly soaking her pajama front with my tears. She hugged me back and cried along with me.

"Don't cry, Kay. It will be fine. I promise," Rose assured whilst trying to still her own sobs and mine, smoothing my hair.

"l think l am in love with him and l hate myself for it ," l whispered in pain.

Rose smoothed my hair whispering.

"I know,Kay. I know."

I didn't need to tell her who cause she already knew without me telling her. She had asked me a couple of times if l was falling for my boss and l had denied it every time.