Chapter 6

NO ONE'S POV

Mike stared at her for a brief moment. It was clearly evident on her face that she was angry. He could notice how she tried to conceal it, putting on a calm face when inside she was actually fuming .

"She probably thinks l am interested in her ," he mused to himself .

Jane must have made a mistake shortlisting her for the interview because she was just a recent high school graduate on a summer break waiting to go to Uni. But he had to admit that she stood out the most among the candidates he interviewed.

She seemed so confident and simple. Just the right combination he wanted in a secretary.

Not too flashy!

He had to admit she was pretty in a simple way.

Not so artificial!

Her chestnut hair was pulled up in a bun. No heavy makeup , just a light touch of red  lipstick on her lips. She didn't even need makeup with that perfect smooth light brown chocolate skin.

He noticed that she was trying to avoid his eyes . He cleared his throat and her head snapped up to look at him.

"Look here Miss White. Don't misunderstand my intentions. I am not interested in you , not even a tiny bit," Mike said sharply.

She gasped out loud.

He watched her eyes flash in rage. Her lips curled in disdain when she said,

"That thought never crossed my mind."

"Good. l once had a shameless secretary who went about sleeping with my competitors for more money selling my company's information," he said in sarcasm.

Mike didn't want a desperate secretary who will end up betraying his company for more money.

"You will start work in two days , Miss White ," he said surprising even himself.

He never hired anyone on the spot but something about her seemed right.

"What?," she  said, sounding surprised.

"Thank you sir. I won't disappoint you ever ," she said with a big fat smile on her face.

For a moment , he was tempted to smile at the look on her face.  Her face seemed to light up all of a sudden.

But then he remembered his previous incident with his last secretary. He had learned a lesson and he learned it hard.

Never go easy on a secretary!

"Thank you sir. l will work ha..."

Mike held up his hand dismissively and told her it was okay. He picked up his telephone and dialled.

"Miss Jane , give Miss White the contract to sign and also help her complete other procedures ."

He cut the call and dropped the telephone in it's cradle .

"You may go but stop by the receptionist."

Mike stared at her retreating back thoughtfully. She looked innocent but at the same time defiant. He vowed  to never go easy on his secretaries anymore.

He picked up his phone and dialled.

"There is someone l want you to investigate ASAP ."

                      ~ ****~