Chapter 13

Mike's POV

Francesca stood in front of the pizza inn , her mouth hanged open in disbelief. She was expecting an exclusive restaurant and not some cheap pizza inn downtown.

"Mike , you know l am very very conscious of my body," she whined.

"My driver will drop you home," l said moving toward the restaurant.

She held back my arm and laid a manicured hand on my chest.

"For you , l will reconsider. It's not like l will get fat with just a few calories," she said in a sweet smile.

I held back my frustration.

This damn woman was driving me on the edge!

"Suit yourself," l told her before walking away.

Francesca rushed after me and slipped her hand in the crook of my arm. I looked at our joined arms and chose to ignore.

I was too hungry to argue!

We stood by the entrance as my eyes scanned the small crowded restaurant for an empty table.

That's when l saw her!

She was sitting at a corner table with some strange guy and smiling like she has won some lottery ticket. I felt an ugly feeling resembling jealousy burn through me.

Why are you getting jealousy?

The nagging voice echoed at the back of my brain and l shoved it away. I had purposely pushed her away at the office because things between us were escalating into a dangerous territory. At least for me!

I had held myself by a mere thread of control at the office because l badly wanted to kiss her then. I had never been attracted to anyone at the company that's why it was easy to set that no-dating rule but ever since Kelly started working for me, l felt threatened a lot more often than l liked to admit.

She was a ticking time bomb with her birdlike laughter, smooth flawless light brown skin, chestnut curly hair, dark doe eyes, full sensual lips, a goddess's curvy body and a face that can launch a thousand ships.

So l protected myself in the only way l knew. Cold exterior!

I stared back at her laughing at something the guy said and hurt prickled my heart. I had blown her off not more than three hours ago and she had already moved on.

I knew that she had some feelings for me but l didn't know they were this shallow. Maybe she was more interested in my bank account just like the others.

Her face lit up at something the guy says. Both of them laughed clicking their wine glasses in a toast.

Kelly's head turned and when she saw me she froze. The guy with her also turned around and l got a glimpse of his face. I immediately felt my blood boil.

She was with Kyle Gateshead!

Logan's son!

I curled my hands into tight fists at my sides , wanting to punch that bastard in the face more than anything.

                            ~****~

Kelly's POV

Mike stood at the door with that sly woman on his arm while staring daggers at me. I felt something die inside me at their picture. So it was indeed true. He never denied it when l asked him about it.