Chapter 15

Kelly's POV

I walked out of the powder room and noticed opened glass patio doors leading outside. I went through the doors and found myself standing in an amazing garden full of different flowers.

I inhaled the wonderful fragrance and suddenly felt the tension l was feeling the whole night slowly melting away. A soft,chilly breeze reeking of different scents of flowers wafted by , leaving me feeling cool and at peace once again. It felt exhilarating to be away from the loud bustling inside.

For the entire night, l was uncomfortable. Mike Knight had watched me with an intensity that made my face burn. I could notice the fury and desire blazing in his dark eyes from across the room.

He was so furious that l could literally see smoke coming out of his ears and l clearly had no idea why. I had rushed to the powder room in an attempt to escape his intense gaze.

Kyle!

For a moment l had forgot l left him at the party for far too long. He was probably hunting for me. I had invited Kyle to the party as my way of returning the favour of him taking me out to dinner the other night.

I turned to leave and suddenly stopped in my tracks gasping. My boss stood at the door with his hands thrust in his pockets. His jaw was tightly clenched.

He strode purposely towards me and stopped mere inches from me, staring down at me with anger glittering in his eyes.

This was no office and l had no time to entertain his various mood swings!

So I turned the other way to leave , but he swiftly grabbed my arm and hauled me against him. I gasped , shocked to my core and screamed at him in a panicked voice.

"Let go of me!"

I attempted to squirm myself out of his tight hold only to have him grab my waist more tightly and pulled me to him even closer. He stared down at me more intently.

We were too close that l could feel his minty breath fanning my face. His intense gaze held mine for a brief moment . His face no longer held anger , but something more frightening.

Desire!

No one had ever looked at me that way.

Our eyes held for a moment and l felt myself drowning in his dark gaze with my heart racing madly. I looked down avoiding his gaze. Mike touched my chin and tilted my head until l am staring directly into his eyes.

I watched his eyes glittering again with anger , making me wonder if what l had seen in his eyes earlier had been nothing but an illusion.

"l don't recall ever inviting Logan Gateshade's playboy son to my party," he said seething.

I immediately felt my earlier feelings melting away to be replaced by anger. He had no right to insult any of my friends.

I tried to free myself again from his clutches but his hold on me only grew worse. I could feel his muscles and body heat beneath his thin white shirt.

I glared at him with smouldering eyes. What did l see in Mike Knight to be attracted to him like that? He was nothing but a manipulative bastard!

"Kyle is no playboy and yes , l am the one who invited him to the party. Last time l checked, your employees were allowed to invite their partners to the party. Kyle escorted me as my date," I responded in a sharp voice.

He no longer intimidated me like he did the rest of his employees. I watched with bitter amusement as his eyes once again darkened with more anger. He was now breathing a bit louder , trying to keep rein of his anger.