2

Quinn was in the den of the Berry home, drinking hot chocolate and sitting on the most comfortable chair in the world. She'd eaten her ice cream, two portions of it in fact, and had stayed long enough to meet David's husband Lucas.

Rachel's parents were nice. A hell of a lot nicer than her parents, if Judy and Russell had found a strange girl in their house they probably would've thrown her out. Especially if that girl was Rachel Berry.

But these two men welcomed her into their home without question and then fed her. She did consider asking them if Rachel had ever mentioned her, she was one of the primary assailants on their daughters daily abuse after all, but she thought better of it though.

The den had a smell to it, she couldn't put her finger on what the aroma was, but it was definitely very pleasant. So the smell coupled with the worlds most relaxing chair made her come to the conclusion that this, was in fact, the best room on earth.

Was this a bold statement? Probably. Quinn's experience when it came to any place outside of Lima, Ohio was very limited. In all likelihood the pregnancy hormones were a factor in this decision, but regardless of that, she still stood by the statement.

"I think I want to marry this chair." She said after sinking into it happily.

"Sorry Kiddo," David laughed, "You're going to have to get in line."

"I guess I'll just have to settle on having an affair, I hope you don't mind."

"No. But just so you know, she'll let anyone sit on her."

"So she's easy, just the way I like 'em" She laughed at her own statement, this was certainly a very weird conversation. One of many she'd had today. She took a sip from her mug and shifted herself again, no matter what position she got in it felt like heaven. It was liked being hugged by Angels, fluffy bunnies and Mr. Snuffleupagus all at once. "I wish my parents had a chair like this, all the furniture in their house is about the aesthetic, not about the practicality."

"Do you resent your parents for kicking you out?" It seemed that Lucas Berry had the same problem with tact that Rachel has. He received a stern talking to from his husband.

"I'm sorry Quinn," David started "My husband has a tendency to turn his brain filter off."

"Sounds like someone else I know." She chuckled when they both nodded their head in agreement, "But its okay. People don't talk to me about what my parents did, I think they figure if they don't bring up the subject that I'll just forget it happened." She fidgeted with her cardigan for a second wondering if it was a good idea, talking about something so personal to people she didn't know. The fact that the two men weren't judging her and the comfort she felt being in the room made her want to talk about it, so she continued. "To answer your question, yes, I do resent them. I made a mistake and they abandoned me because of it, they abandoned me because I made them look bad to all their peers. I still love them, in a way, but I really don't like them very much."

The conversations continued, the topic of staying with Puck came up, she jokingly said how much she missed bacon and David laughed.

"I know what you mean." The taller man said. "I respect my family not to eat it in our home, but I have been given permission to eat it outside of the house. We should make a lunch date Quinn. There's a place in town that makes the best, and I'm not exaggerating, best, bacon rolls. I think they lace it with something, but I don't care."

Quinn laughed. "Sounds good. Sometimes, I could literally kill for one. But that's more than likely the pregnancy hormones. They make a girl do crazy things. I wonder how many women have actually killed because of that?" It was more of a rhetorical question, but it caused a discussion with the two men for almost twenty minutes.