8

"I can't believe you two actually spent more than five minutes alone together without you committing homicide." Quinn was sitting on Rachel's bed, talking to Santana on the phone and searching through the internet for whatever took her fancy. Because she was on her own computer and she could do what she liked with it.

"Yeah, well. Put us in the right situation and we get along just fine."

"That makes me worry. I think if you two ever work out your differences you could take over the world. And that would be very, very bad for everyone."

"What the hell are you talking about Fabray?"

"That the two of you could be a very violent and talkative unstoppable force."

Quinn heard the Latina huff. "Whatever. World domination aside, tell me the stress me and Stubbles went through was worth it. You like it there?"

"Don't call her that. And yes, I do."

"Good. I want to make a joke about lesbians and U-Hauls right now, but I'll leave it til you've settled in."

"That's uncharacteristically considerate of you."

"I know. I must be going soft or something. So are you bringing Berry to the mall later?"

"I am."

"Urgh. Like I haven't had to put up with her enough recently."

"Tough luck Lopez. Me and B like her, so that makes you outnumbered my friend."

"Stupid friendship democracy. Okay, I'm bored of talking to you now and B has just got out of the shower. Later Preggo."

"Yeah." The blonde said with a chuckle, closing her phone and throwing it onto the bed. She went back to giving her full attention to the computer, going in search of animals doing cute things, because she wanted to keep her happy high going with as much fluffiness as possible. She hadn't stopped smiling since last night and her face had been aching for almost as long because of it. But she didn't care though.

She hadn't felt like she belonged anywhere in a long time. At Finn's and Puck's she was just a guest and she didn't feel particularly welcomed in either. And in less than twenty four hours she felt more at home here than in the place she grew up. Last night as she looked through all the things she never thought she'd see again, she realized what kind of friends she had in Rachel and Santana.

Sneaky awesome ones.

A knock on the door disturbed her and she looked to see David standing in the doorway wearing a wide grin.

"Hey Kiddo, waiting for Rachel to get back?"

"Yeah."

"So how are you settling in?" He asked sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Weirdly well actually. Thanks again for having me."

"Quinn, you've already thanked us, you don't need to say it everyday."

"I know, but I really am grateful for this."

"Well bake us a cake or something."

"Dude that would be the worst thing I could do to repay you. Unless you like charred chocolate cake."

"That's my favourite of all the burnt baked goods."

Quinn chuckled. "Mine too. So, just out of curiosity, how did Rachel manage to convince you to do this?"

"She can be pretty persuasive when she wants to be. She said to us 'Dad, Daddy, I think Quinn should move in.' and we thought about it for about two seconds and said 'Sure'"