23

What do you think would happen if a zombie bit a vampire?"

"Really?" Santana growled; drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, and staring at the doors to Carmel High auditorium. "You're gonna do this now?"

They had been sitting in Puck's pick-up for fifteen minutes, and so far no one had come or gone. They'd checked Jesse's home and no one was there, so they figured that the Vocal Adrenaline crowd would come back to school. No such luck.

"Y'know, they probably went out to celebrate or something."

"You say another negative word, and I'm going to punch you in the face."

"Hmm." Puck shifted uncomfortably in his seat, and she could see from the corner of her eye that he was looking at her. "Minus."

Santana frowned and finally took her eyes off her target to glare at him. "Very funny." She told him sarcastically.

"I thought it was." He grinned.

"Yeah, not so much that you actually laughed at your own stupid joke though." She smiled; feeling herself relaxing slightly.

"I'm not an idiot. You're fucking scary when you're angry."

She raised her brow and shook her head. "Then don't piss me off." She said as she went back to watching the door.

"What about if a vampire bit a zombie?" He asked as he put his phone on the dash.

"That's retarded. A vampire wouldn't bite a zombie - there's no blood to drink."

"So if there were vampires around when the zom-pocalypse started, do you think they would team up with humans?"

"Of course they would. They'd need to eradicate the threat of their food source being turned into the walking dead."

"Psh. That sucks. What about werewolves?"

"Enough now."

"Fine." Puck sulked.

Santana looked at her watch then went back to drumming her fingers. They didn't really have a plan, she shouldn't have been so gung-ho about this. Revenge is a dish best served cold - that's what they say isn't it? That was the problem though; she never thought clearly when she was angry. She'd calmed down considerably, but she knew that would go right out the window as soon as she saw that son-of-a-bitch. They were all going to pay, but Jesse St. James was her primary objective.

There were so few people she felt protective of. A month ago Rachel Berry was an annoying fly - buzzing around and getting on her nerves. Now, it was like she'd been friends with the girl for as long as Brittany and Quinn. The little singer had actually made their group happier - if not a little crazier - but that was all the more fun!

She turned on the air-con in the truck, and the familiar smell of Juicy Fruit took over the smell of teenage boy. "Hand me a stick of that gum." She ordered.

Puck handed it over, and then picked up his phone when it started ringing, and held it out; putting it on speaker.

'What's going on?'

"Nothing, Juno." Santana replied.

'Nothing? Does that mean you've done something, and now you're doing nothing? Or, that nothing's happened?'

"You're too paranoid."

'Not when it comes to you, Santana.' They heard a muffled sound; then the unmistakable voice of Rachel. 'You will not do anything that will jeopardize your academic future. Do you hear me? I refuse to be the reason you get expelled, or worse - arrested. Are you listening to me Santana Lopez?'