Chap 4: new alpha

Jimin wonders into the hospital, being welcomed to the sound of pained screams, beeping of monitors and hustle of doctors and nurses stalking the halls. He goes to the reception where many nurses were typing up paper work or doctors getting new files. He taps on the counter, gaining the attention of a certain nurse to engrossed in their work to notice him.

"Jimin! My baby." His eyes light up when he looks from his computer, smiling.

"Hi dad." Jimin beams at him, Youngjae gets up, walking around to engulf him in a hug.

Youngjae pulls away smiling, Jimin catches a glimpse of the fading mate mark resting on his neck. Even though it's been years it still lingered, Jimin knew it hurt him but he'd never admit it. Youngjae liked acting strong in front of his kids, didn't want them to see him weak like they always did. He needed to be strong for them, be the father he should've been when they were kids.

"You ready for your little date? Oh these are beautiful flowers." Youngjae notices the flowers bunched in Jimin's hands.

"Yeah aren't they? Got sent them this morning at work." Jimin plays with the petals, still giddy that Jungkook sent them.

Youngjae goes to say something but is interrupted by someone wrapping their arm around him, pulling him close.

"Hey there bud, good to see you." Jackson ruffles his hair, leaning to the side to kiss Youngjae on the cheek.

"Hey Jackson." Jimin smiles at him, he was Youngjae's boyfriend, they'd been dating about two years now.

"I thought you had a patient to see Jack?" Youngjae couldn't hide the big grin on his face, Jackson's presence always had that effect on him.

"Just wanted to see my baby and say good luck to Jimin over here on his little date. Be warned he can be a right handful sometimes, but he's got a kind heart that kid." Jackson pats his shoulder, still clinging to Youngjae's side.

Jimin frowns, remembering he still had that stupid date. He looks to his father, he had agreed to it on the terms that if he didn't like the alpha or it didn't go well he wasn't allowed to pick anymore alphas for him. To which Youngjae agreed, insisting that he'd love him as he's a renowned heart and brain surgeon.

"He doesn't need luck Jack, you'll love him a swear. He's so excited Jiminie, he can't wait." Youngjae claps his hands, his enthusiasm made Jimin feel slightly better about the whole situation.

Jimin just smiles glumly, not sure if he wanted to go on it anymore. Not after being given these sweet flowers by Jungkook, he was beginning to reconsider his opinion about not mating him. Jungkook was the only one he thought about, that could tame his feisty side.

"I'm not making any promises though dad, I might actually have someone already." Jimin looks down fondly at the flowers.

Jackson's pager goes off, signalling to him he needed to go. He quickly kissed Youngjae goodbye not forgetting to rub his face into his neck to scent him as warn others this omega was taken.

"The children await, I'll see you later okay babe. Have fun tonight Jimin." Jackson shuffled away, running back into the sea of people where the many patients awaited him.

"When are you two going to mark each other? It's been two years dad, I really think it's time to move on and Jackson's the one to do it with." Jimin was sick of his father not going all the way, it was time for him to have a life and not let Yugyeom keep owning him even from afar.

Youngjae sighs, he knew his son was right but he just wasn't quite ready. The mark he bared still ached from time to time and it was because he had rushed into his first relationship, allowing Yugyeom to mark him almost instantly without thinking of the consequences. He thought he was in love, thought Yugyeom was one the one-which he clearly wasn't he shortly found out.