Chap 19: mark me

The air is musky, sensual that eroded off them making the room muggy. It is sticky, their bodies hot and stinging with desire for one another. It was almost peaceful, just the sound of their breaths rising and falling in perfect sync.

Jungkook's head rested on his chest, arms pinching the sides of his hips. His fluffy locks were being tangled in Jimin's chubby fingers. He was tenderly playing with it, enjoying how his soft hair felt between his fingers.

They were just laying there, in the warming clutches of one another. It felt peaceful, calming and in a way right. They fitted together perfectly, like two peas in a pod. Made for each other and no one else.

"I like this. Just us, laying together. No one else only you and me." Jungkook's scent is smuggling the room, the tint of love and adoration lingering.

Jimin smiles at his sappy alpha, adoring the affection and tenderness steaming off him, wrapping around him like a delicious hug.

"I like it too alpha. I know I'm always safe whenever I'm with you." Jungkook's wolf howls in glee, feeling triumphant in the knowledge his omega feels safe. Protected.

The alphas head perks up, his eyes getting lost in Jimin's beautiful, harmonies ones. They truly were stunning, like staring into a vast ocean which held so much life and beauty he couldn't shift his gaze away.

"You're so beautiful Jimin, how did I get so lucky? I never would've imagined I'd find myself with an omega such as you." His large hand goes to elegantly graze his cheek, thumb running up and down.

Jimin tries to hold back from rolling his eyes, his alpha really enjoyed being all mushy and gooey when it came to feelings and acts of affection.

But he couldn't deny he loved it. Loved being adored, being pampered with nothing but love and affection. Jungkook made him feel like the only person in the world, the only man, only omega he could and would ever love.

Jungkook wasn't like other alphas. Wasn't like his abusive father. He was nothing like him and that made him happy. He was scared for so long that alphas were all the same, all like his father.

Dominating. Aggressive. Controlling and abusive to those they called their mate.

Growing up watching what his father went through, what cruelty he endured from the hands of his mate and his father it made him afraid of love. To find his mate.

He used to have nightmares about it where one day his father got beaten so hard he collapses to the floor limp, lifeless. His pure white eyes staring back at his youngest son as he takes in his last breathe. Jimin would just stand there, cowering with achy tears trailing down his cheeks never letting out. He felt pathetic, weak as he just stood by allowing his father to get abused because he wasn't strong enough.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Jimin would scream at the top of his lungs, begging that he'd wake up, that he'd be okay.

Youngjae lies on the floor, beaten black and blue, blood drools from his lips, from his broken nose and cut up cheeks. His eyes were glassed over, pain coursing through his dead eyes that pierced through his baby boys soul.

His father would just stand above him, a cruel glare in his emerald eyes. He'd panic, his scent ragged and harsh as a wriggling sense of guilt and anger would consume him. His father would scream, tug at his hair, pace the room cursing while his mate, his father is dying in a pool of his own blood.

Jimin would try to get to him, hug his father until he woke up. But he'd never get that far, he would always wake up with the last memory of his nightmare, clutching his dead fathers body crying his little heart out.