Chap 12: never see you again

Youngjae gathered up his belongings, stuffing his dirty scrubs into his bag. He shuts his locker, putting on his coat as the harsh winter had broken, making the nights freezing cold. He lazily puts his phone in his bag to before slinging it over his shoulders. His nose sniffs the air, grimacing slightly at the foreign odours invading his senses. The staff room had always stunk, smelt of the foul scents dragged in by doctors and nurses from patients.

"You finished for the night babe?" His alpha steps into the small room, in his green scrubs and long white coat.

"Yeah, though it's technically morning now. You have no idea how good my bed is looking right now." He tiredly smiles, meeting Jackson in the middle when he walks forward.

"Wish I could be in bed with you, still got five more hours. There's some food in the fridge if you are hungry, I'll try not wake you when I get in." Jackson runs his hands through Youngjae's messy hair, wrist rubbing against his neck where his scent gland hid.

"Thanks baby, I'll save you some for when you get in Okay." Youngjae nuzzles into his touch, enjoying the sensual marking he was doing as he was aware how badly he stunk of other peoples scents.

Jackson leans down, planting a tender kiss on the freshly made mate mark on the side of Youngjae's neck. Still slightly red and puffy as it wasn't done healing. Youngjae's breath hitches at the small action, not quite yet adapted to his mate mark being treated with the respect it deserved. Yugyeom never treated the mark like that, merely saw it as a sign of property. That he owned him, Youngjae belonged to him because he had the scars to prove it.

"I'll never get sick of looking at this you know? It means so much to me Jae that you've given yourself to me. I can finally proudly wear this mark around showing everyone that I belong to you." Jackson gently rubs the two bite marks staining his own skin.

They'd finally done it, bonded with each other after all this time. Youngjae realised he was ready, ready to be mates with an alpha who actually loved him, treated him with nothing but love and respect. It was time for him to be with an alpha who deserved him and there was no alpha more deserving than Jackson.

"I feel the exact same Jackie, I'm proud to show this off. I'm sorry it took so long." Youngjae rests his head against his, Jackson strokes his cheeks while continuing to coat him in his scent.

"Don't be Jae, you've been through so much. I'm just happy you chose me, all I've ever wanted is to be yours." Jackson kisses the top of his forehead, smiling at him adoringly.

Youngjae's wolf purrs at that, his cherry scent growing stronger and more delicious. Jackson's hazelnut scent mixed with his to create this perfect hormonic smell that was almost hypnotic. Jackson would've loved to stay longer, would've loved to walk him out but his pager goes off, alerting him a patient was in need of his attention more so than his omega right now.

"I've got to go baby, but don't forget to text me when you get home so I know you're safe." Jackson quickly smothers him in his strong dominating scent, his protective instincts ordering his omega to make sure he gets home safe and sound.

"Yes alpha, I won't forget. Don't worry, go. Kids need their superhero doctor to come safe them." He gives his alpha a quick scenting, ushering him out the door once he's finished.

Jackson laughs, following Youngjae out of the room and placing a sneaky kiss on his lips before dashing off in search of the patient who needs his care. He waves goodbye to his omega as he's engulfed into the crowd. Youngjae shakes his head, wondering how he found himself such a goofy yet god like alpha. He felt truly lucky, like the tides had turned in his favour and life was finally going his way.