Chapter 2

Vanessa

I giggled alongside Leila and Emmett. We had spent the entire day goofing off, and I honestly don't regret it one bit.

Leila sighed. "I wish we could go on like this forever. Why does summer have to end?"

Emmett chuckled. "You act like we won't be doing the same things once school starts."

"Exactly, you're so dramatic, hoe."

Leila laughed and stuck her tongue out at Emmett and me.

"Well, yeah, but now we can't have super late nights where we binge Netflix shows."

Leila scrunched her face up. "Plus I'll have to take Spanish II."

I snorted, "Why didn't you just switch out?"

"Because it looks good on transcripts."

I chortled. "Not if you completely fail it."

Leila huffed and pouted.

"You know, I always thought it was sad that you've spent almost all seventeen years of your life hanging around Vanessa and her family and you still don't know a lick of Spanish. Didn't you ever think to learn?"

I snorted again. "Nope, she's never even asked me. I just always get used as her google translator."

Leila crossed her arms childishly. "That's because I thought you would be a bad teacher."

I gasped. "Bite your tongue, heathen! I am a wonderful tutor."

Emmett laughed. "That was definitely the worst excuse you could have made. Vanessa literally gets paid for tutoring."

"Damn, you right. Okay, fine. I just never thought to learn. Plus Vanessa isn't going anywhere. When she agreed to be my best friend that shit was for life. Why learn when I have my own personal translator?" Leila shrugged.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed.

I sniffed. "I feel so used."

Emmett wrapped his arms around me and looked down at me lovingly. "What am I gonna do with you, two drama queens?"

I shrugged and smirked. "I can think of a few things."

Leila chuckled and stood up. "There's my cue to leave."

"Huh, why do you have to leave?" I asked.

"Because you guys got them 'fuck me' eyes going on. I'm not staying to watch you guys get lovey-dovey."

Emmet and I burst into laughter before saying our goodbyes.

"Well, what should we do now?" I asked Emmett.

"You should sit your ass down on my lap and show me some love."

I giggled. "Yes, sir."

I honestly don't know how long we spent kissing and touching each other. When we finally came up for air, I sighed.

"Leila might be right."

"About?"

"Once school starts I won't be able to spend all day in your arms like this."

Emmett hummed and kissed me slowly. "That just means we'll have to sneak mini make-out sessions in throughout the day. Won't that be fun? Finding new places in the school to steal a few kisses?"

"I can certainly see the appeal."

Emmett sat up and tucked a strand of hair behind my hair.

"I can practically see the cogs turning in that pretty head of yours. What are you thinking about?"