Chapter 94

Vanessa

I woke up and searched the fridge for food before I decide to be lazy and settle for a bowl of cereal.

"Um, guys! You might want to see this!"

"What?" I asked, bringing my bowl of cereal into the living-room.

Once everyone shuffled in, Sadie pulled the curtain back.

"That!"

"Holy shit." I breathed as my bowl slipped from my hands.

"Deixar!" I cried out when my brain finally decided to function, stopping the bowl in midair.

Kai whistled. "Nice reflexes."

I grabbed the bowl and set it on the coffee table.

"Can someone please tell me what the hell that is? Please? Is that the supposed army?" I asked slightly panicked.

I knew that Dad and uncle Chris place protective spells and barriers around our property but this was still alarming.

"There has to be over a thousand of them," Mason said

"But they don't look all that threatening," Rafe said peeking through the window.

I took a deep breath and started walking towards the door before my dad grabbed my hand.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Out there."

My dad looked at me, incredulously. "And if they try to kill you?"

I shrugged. "We won't know unless we go see. Besides, I highly doubt you would let me go out there by myself.

"Damn straight, I won't."

"Well, this should be interesting," Dylan muttered under his breath

"Well, let's assume it's safest to be prepared for the worst," Alex said

Kayden's dad had a point. We had no idea of their true intentions.

My mom came to my side and looped her arm around mine.

"Well, let's get this over with."

"Baby girl, you're not leaving the house." My dad said.

My mother pouted. "Why? I'm not going to wait at home worrying about something happening to you all; especially when you're going to be on the front lawn!"

I stopped my dad from fussing. "I got this."

"Oh, not you too." My mom whined.

"Protexer."

"Vanessa!"

"What at least now she'll be protected. Did you really think she would stay here?"

My dad sighed and threw his arms in the air. "I obviously forgot who my wife and daughter were. Why would you possibly listen to me? Let's go."

Kayden placed his hand on my shoulder. "We have your back."

I nodded and took a deep breath as we walked out. I held my head up high as we walked toward the mass of people. When we were in hearing distance, I stopped.

"What is your purpose here?" I asked anyone who would answer.

A look of awe passed through each of their faces before they kneeled.

One man, in particular, looked me in the eyes. "To serve our Queen. We mean you no harm."

My eyes widened, and I stumbled back in shock. "Me?"

The man nodded once before standing back up.

"What makes you think I am fit to be your Queen?"

He smiled softly. "Because the prophecy says so."

"Prophecy?"

His eye lit up, and he nodded. "I would love to tell you more, my Queen. Is there somewhere more suitable to talk?"

"Well firstly, I would like you to call by my name, Vanessa."

"Very well, Vanessa. My name is Caelin. It is an honor to have met you."

"Secondly, I don't think any of our housing is big enough to hold all of you."

Caelin cocked his head to the side. "What is your suggestion then?"

I looked around before sinking to the ground and sitting crisscross applesauce.

I looked up at Caelin expectantly and he chuckled before sitting across from me. Everyone gathered and sat around us

"The Raíña prophecy states that a woman whose essence is entwined with magic from a powerful bloodline will also be kissed not only by the moon but by darkness. Such power trapped in one vessel is a lot to take on as I'm sure you've witnessed. It is said that she who possesses this power will bring the three races together. The chosen Queens before you either died before the transformation was completed or were consumed by darkness. One way or another they died. You are the only one who has survived the transformation and prevailed against the darkness. You are our Queen. You are fit to rule us." Caelin finished talking and looked at me with immense pride.

He had so much faith in me, and I had done nothing to result in such loyalty. It gave me an odd but warm feeling. I was lost in thought before I snapped out of it and stood up.

"We will find housing for each of you while I take the time to process all of this information."

Caelin bowed. "Yes, your Majesty."

I stared at Dylan's parents pleadingly, and they stepped forward with smiles on your face.

"We'll set up rooms in the packhouses." Dylan's dad said.

"Daniel, make sure that the families are put together." his wife said, resting a hand on his arm.

"Of course, Rosalie," he responded, placing a kiss on her cheek.

I smiled in thanks and made my way back to the house. As soon as I was in the living-room, I slumped into the couch, suddenly exhausted. So much happened in such a short amount of time. Trying to process it all was leaving me with a nasty headache. Avery and Levi sat on either side of me.

"So...." Avery dragged out.

" Not only are you badass hybrid, but you are also a Queen." Levi finished.

I groaned. "Stop saying it. My brain is starting to hurt."

My dad crouched in front of me. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. Being Queen, that's a lot of responsibility. You're young. There's a lot to think about."

I took a deep breath, "I know daddy."

I trudged up to my room Kayden and Dylan trailing behind me. Dylan sat me down and took my shoes off while Kayden tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"How are you feeling?" Kayden asked.

"Overwhelmed, Exhausted. Am I dreaming?"

Dylan chuckled. "No baby, you're not dreaming."

"Get some sleep, love" Kayden said as he kissed my forehead and Dylan kissed my cheek.