Chapter 97

We began walking up the path that led to the packhouses. The walk seemed painfully long, and I was starting to get worried. My blood ran cold when I heard a wolves howl.

I glanced back at Leila. "Catch up with us later," I yelled as Caelin, and I took off.

We burst into the house and found no one.

"Backyard," Caelin grunted.

Everyone was there facing the field. I raced to the front, grasped Dylan's arm.

"What's going on?"

He shrugged me off of him. "You would know if you hadn't run off with Caelin."

I frowned. "Run off? I went to school?"

"Either way, we needed you here." Kayden chimed.

I huffed. "Would someone just tell me what the hell is going on?"

Kayden pointed to the field, and I finally noticed a small group of people

"Who are they?"

"The very few people who made it from Astrazia," Dylan said.

"They've been trying to influence our people."

"So they either have multiple witches or just one really powerful one."

Dylan nodded, " Your dad has been working with Christian to keep everyone at bay."

I clicked my tongue. I should have had my dad and Christian put barriers over the packhouses too.

I walked forward and felt Caelin, Kayden, and Dylan trail behind. I sighed in relief. I felt stronger with them here.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

A petite woman with golden blonde hair stepped forward.

"You took our leader, our people. We thought it was only fair that we picked off some of yours. Although it seems that your group has quadrupled."

"And knowing that are you still so confident  to go against us?"

The woman shrugged. "I was going to leave it at influencing a few of your people to our side, but you're really starting to piss me off. Once we start killing you off whose to say, some of them won't come willingly. We'll simply kill those who don't."

My eyes narrowed my eyes and flitted to her side. She gasped but made a move to stand back.

"Do not threaten my people. They follow me and only me."

The woman gave me a mocking laugh. "And who are you to have such power?"

I smiled at her and tore through her chest grasping her heart

"Their Queen."

I ripped her heart and watched as her lifeless body fell to the ground. Anger rose through me at the thought of anyone harming my people. I knew with every fiber of my being that I had meant what I had said. I was their Queen.

Comment. Vote. Enjoy.