Chapter 33

Kayden

It was always easier to date vampires than humans. You didn't have to constantly hide and you were able to feed freely. Things were always more exciting. There was no limit of things you could do to keep entertained. You could move at your pace and not worry about your partner having to catch up. Although slowing down to a humans pace every now and then wasn't all that bad; and even more so if she could hold your attention.

I sighed. When dinner time came. The twins kept dropping hints about my soul mate. Why the hell couldn't they just let me tell them on my own?! My mother narrowed her pretty pale blue eyes at me.

"What the hell is wrong with them? What are they trying to say?"

Avery glanced at Levi."I thought we were being quite obvious."

Sadie snorted."Not everyone in this family can speak stupid, dear brother."

Chloe nodded. "Yeah, you gotta. give a hint or something, Is there like, a Stupid to English Dictionary or...?"

Levi huffed. " You know what? We don't want to tell you anymore."

I glared at the twins as they crossed their arms. "No one told you to in the first place, you dummies!"

"So explain what's going on."

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. This wasn't exactly how I planned to tell them.

"I found my mate."

My mom gasped and tears filled her eyes, "Oh, my baby!"

Dad smirked and clapped me on my back. "Congrats, son."

"So who is. she? Are we finally going to hear that Alexa is going to be a permanent thing?" Mason asked.

Sadie. gagged. "I sure as hell hope not. I don't know what you ever saw in that condescending bitch."

I rolled my eyes Sadie had always been vocal about her feelings for Alexa.

"It's not Alexa. Her name is Vanessa and she's human."

My dad grimaced and I narrowed my eyes at him. "What? Don't tell me you don't approve because she's human?"

Dad shook his head. "You know very well that wasn't what that look was for. Having a human mate just make things a bit more complicated. Plus, even if I didn't approve it wouldn't matter."

Dad paused and gazed at my mother lovingly. "I know firsthand how quickly your mate becomes the center of your world. I'm not cruel enough to keep you away from your mate."

Even though finding my mate had been the last thing on my mind, knowing that I had a mate filled me with a feeling I wasn't familiar with. It was something warm and peaceful. Dad was definitely right about her being human complicating things. Some vampires never even find their soul mates, and when they did, it tended to be hard to keep them. They either couldn't handle the secret, refused to be turned, or depending on what kind of vampire you were; were constantly being hunted by your enemies.

Vote. Comment. Enjoy. °.°