Chapter 65

Rebecca

I sat in the dining room with a bottle of Moscato in my hand. I couldn't believe this was really happening.. This all felt like some sick nightmare. All I could do was sit there and sip my wine in between my sobs. I felt pathetic. I felt utterly useless as I watched Aiden bring our daughter back to life. Even with Aiden and Kai's magic, Vanessa was still unstable, and no one knew what she would become if she survived this. My baby is in pain, and I can't do shit about it. The anger and pain of not being able to protect my daughter rose through me. I clenched my fist, completely forgetting about the glass in my hand.

"Fuck!"

A shard of the glass was now embedded into my hand. Aiden rushed to my side immediately,

"Shit, Becca!"

He gingerly plucked out the shad before wiping the blood from my hands and healing me. Even now, his magic left me in awe. Aiden looked up at me worriedly. I tried to give him the best smile I could muster.

"I really liked that glass."

Aiden's mouth quirked up, and he kissed my hand where the shard once was, then my forehead, my cheeks, and then my lips.

"I promise I'll do everything I can to save our little girl," he whispered against me.

"I know you will," I said pecking him tenderly.