Chapter 63

Kayden

What the hell just happened?! What the fucking hell just happened?! Dylan and I both ran to her and dropped to our knees, silent tears running down our faces. This couldn't be happening. It had to be some cruel nightmare. It was now pouring as if the sky decided to join us in our grief. I laid my head on to her chest and listened. Ba-dum... Ba-dum..... Ba-dum... Ba-da... Ba--da. She still has a pulse! But it was slowly decreasing. I had to do something before she died. I refused to let my mate die. I let my lips graze her neck before I sunk my teeth into her flesh. I nearly moaned at the taste. She had the sweetest blood that I had ever tasted. I waited until I was sure enough of my venom had slipped into her bloodstream before pulling back. I glanced at Dylan and saw blood dripping down his chin, Vanessa's blood.

"What did you just do?!"

"I don't know! My instincts just told me to bite her!"

"Can a werewolf bite even create another werewolf?"

"We have old legends about it, but no one's tempted to try that in over centuries. It's too risky."

"So what the hell is going to happen to her?"

"Fuck! I don't know!" Dylan yelled, running his hands through his hair.

We seriously just fucked up. Now there was no way to know what was going to happen to her. I got up with Vanessa in my arms and brought her to the car. Kai was sitting on the hood of the car, and like us, he had tears trailing down his face. He looked just as bad as us, if not worse. Vanessa was like his other half, so I knew this was fucking him up too.

"You fucktards are crazy; you know that right?! What am I supposed to do without out her? What the hell are we going to tell her dad?"

I didn't know what to tell him. None of knew what we would do if Vanessa didn't pull through this and telling her dad is almost as scary as the thought of losing her. I couldn't think of any comforting or reassuring words, so I ignored his questions and placed Vanessa in the car.

Kai swiped the tears off his face and sat on the ground. I watched in confusion as he took a deep breath and closed his eye. My blood boiled.

"Are you fucking serious? Are you really trying to meditate right now?"

Kai's eye's shot open as he glared at me.

"I'm trying to fix the damned car, do me a favor and shut the fuck up!"

He sat like that for a while before holding his hand out to the car. A second past before I heard the bending of metal. What the hell was that?

Kai nodded his head toward the car. "Check the gas tank."

I huffed and inspected the gas tank. My eyes widened at what I saw. There was no puncture, no crack. It looked seamless as if it never even happened.

Kai called out to Dylan.

Dylan lifted his head from the hood of the car.

"What?"

"Hand me the gallon of water. It's in the truck."

"What are you even doing?"

"Just do it!" Kai snapped.

After a minute passed, Dylan finally made his way to the trunk of the car and retrieved the water. He stared at Kai intently before he handed him the water. We were both confused. We didn't know what was going on, and panic was starting to settle in.

Kai wrapped his hands around the bottle and began murmuring in another language. It sounded a bit like Latin, but he was talking so fast I honestly could tell. The more that Kai spoke, the darker the water became until it was an amber-brown color.

Kai stood up from his position and walked over to pour the bottle into the tank.

"Can we get in the fucking car so we can save my best friend?!"

Dylan and I didn't waste any time getting into the car, and we sped off. There were so many questions I had, but they would have to wait. I'm pretty sure Dylan broke several traffic violations, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was getting Vanessa to her family and finding a way to fix this. Vanessa jerked in my arms, and her heartbeat was unstable.

"What's going on?"

"It's reached her bloodstream. I'm guessing both of your bites are battling for dominance. If this continues too much longer than she'll probably die." Kai said, resting his hand on her forehead.

"So we really might lose her?"

Kai didn't answer, and silence filled the car. The ride felt unbearable. This was taking too long. We were losing time and I didn't want to think about what thjat might mean for Vanessa. Dylan finally pulled in to Vanessa's driveway, and we all jumped out of the car. Dylan banged on the door until her dad answered. It took him a while to take it all in, but he let out a low curse.

"I knew this was going to happen!" He yelled as he snatched Vanessa away from me.

"Kai clear space for me," Aiden ordered.

Kai stepped in front of us and flicked his wrist. I jolted out of my thoughts when the furniture slammed back.

Things were starting to click now.

"You guys are witches?" I asked, trying to confirm my thoughts.

Kai nodded.

"And Vanessa...." Dylan trailed off.

This time Aiden was the one that nodded.

"Honey, what's all that noise?"

Vanessa's mom gasped when she saw us.

"My baby! What happened?"

Kai, Dylan, and I gathered around and took turns, telling the story from beginning to end.