Chapter 39

Today I was up early because Kayden was taking me to the mall. He wanted to go back to MainLevel and explore. I wondered if he could tell how excited I was to spend time with him. Kayden pulled me into a hug, and before I could even enjoy his embrace, I was suddenly ripped out of his arms. I gasped and looked up to see a raging Dylan.

"What do you think you're doing, Kayden," Dylan demanded spitting out Kayden's name as if it was poison.

"Well, I was going to spend the day with Vanessa. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Yes, I do have a fucking problem with that."

"She's not your 'territory,' Dylan. Some things just can't be yours." Kayden hissed

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Dylan snarled

Feeling irritated with their fight, I walked out of Dylan's grasp and walked in between them. Complete fail, by the way. They just carried on glaring at each other, not even taking notice of my presence.

"You two will stop fighting, right now. Both of you are very important to me, and I swear if you guys don't get your act together, and start acting civil; I won't talk to either of you." I yelled

This caught their attention as they stared at me in shock. To be honest, I was shocked at the power I held in my voice. When they realized that I was serious, they had an almost twin-like reaction, and their faces fell. Dylan let out a whine, and Kayden pouted like they were kids being scolded.

I placed my hands on my hips.

"We are going to the carnival, and you will play nice, or I'm done."

Even though I really wanted to show Kayden the mall, I thought that the carnival would actually force them to interact with each other. They both nodded their head reluctantly and followed me to my car.

The awkward silence was really starting to kill me. I turned on the radio, hoping to dissolve some of the awkwardness. "Devilish" by Chase Atlantic comes on and I turn up the volume. I noticed that both of the guys are nodding their heads to the song and mouthing words. Honestly, their reason for not liking each other was beyond me. They were more alike than they were willing to admit.

As the song came to an end so did our ride to the carnival. The guys refused to let me pay for the tickets, and both ended up contributing to the cost. I didn't see what the fuss was about since the tickets were extremely cheap, but I definitely wasn't going to complain.

I was really starting to think that this was a bad idea. I was completely frustrated at this point. I mean seriously, the guys weren't even paying attention to me; or anyone else in the world for that matter. They were way too caught up in their own male egos. Every time I tried to make a suggestion or ask if they wanted to do something; all they did was glare at each other and give an absent-minded 'yea' or 'sure.' I dragged the guys to one of the stalls thinking it had to be perfect. You had to shoot the target and at this rate, I didn't even care if they pretended they were fucking shooting each other. I just wanted them to react to something other than each other's glares

I sighed. As I told the worker I wanted to give the game a shot, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see a 'tattooed god.' He was gorgeous. I still didn't think he could top Dylan or Kayden, but I couldn't deny his attractiveness. He had black hair, green eyes, and a lovely build.

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart; I'll get you anything you want. I'm Theo."

His Husky voice made him even more alluring. I smiled at him and glanced back at the guys.

Theo nudged me.

"If it's their attention you want, then I can guarantee it. Play along"

I giggled loudly and trailed my hands down Theo's arm as he pretended to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. In reality, he was just telling me extra corny jokes, but it got the job done none the less. Their heads swiveled in our direction and they gazed at me before firmly setting their gazes on Theo. Amazingly enough, Theo seemed completely at ease.

"Hey, asshats! How do you expect to keep this pretty little thing if you can't even win her a stuffed animal?" Theo said gesturing to me

Theo, true to his word, won me a blue unicorn. It kind of reminded me of 'Despicable Me.' It was so fluffy! Of course, this only set the boys off. They were now competing and seemed to be enjoying themselves a little too much. I had to admit it was highly amusing to watch, though. I thought it was silly how Kayden and Dylan went from glaring at each other, to ganging up on poor Theo. After losing three times in a row, Theo was starting to be a sore loser and ended up quitting.

"I give up" Theo exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

He winked at me and slid a piece of paper in my back pocket as he walked passed me; which I'm assuming has his phone number on it. I glanced at the guys and watched as they hi-fived and actually started having a decent conversation with each other. It was almost unnerving to watch; it was as if their previous feud had dissolved. If I had known a little competition was all it would take, I would have done it ages ago.

I was pretty content with how things were going at the moment. We were all having fun and there was no more hostility or awkwardness. Hearing the two of them laugh together really warmed my heart. Having them both with me right now made me feel complete; whole. I was pretty proud that my idea worked, although not in the way I planned, the day was ending exactly the way I wanted to.

Vote. Comment. Enjoy! n.n