Chapter 88

Ailes

It was about time to end this.

"We've played long enough, don't you think? Shall we cut our game short?"

Aiden smiled and nodded "I think you'll love this game's particular ending."

"A morte, o Empalador."

A looming figure appeared behind Aiden. It was dark and threatening. It closely resembled the Grim Reaper. How amusing.

"Did you think that your illusions could phase me?"

"Let's see!"

Aiden smirked and the figure enlarged, nearly reaching the ceiling. It took four great steps toward me. The "Reaper" looked down at me and smiled with its sharp jagged teeth. It was something sinister. The "Reaper" tilted its head and raised its scythe. Then with lightning speed, it brought its scythe down. I smiled.  I could admire their effort.

"Burbulla de proteccion."

My force field was impenetrable. That scythe wouldn't get anywhere near me. My eyes widened in shock when the scythe went effortlessly through my field and panic started to set in. In the corner of my eye, I saw a pure white wolf rushing at me. Damn! Either way, I would have to take a hit. I took a deep breath and decided to take my chances with the wolf. I braced myself and landed with a huge thud. What startled me was that when I opened my eyes there was no wolf, only Vanessa.

"You should have chosen the scythe," Vanessa said before thrusting her hand into my chest.

I smiled as I coughed up blood. I wouldn't die here. Not like this.

"What is a shattered soul?" Vanessa asked suddenly

I managed an incredulous laugh "Nothing, absolutely nothing."

"Good answer."

"Alma Estripador."

She was truly amazing! Who would have thought she could plan so far ahead. So this would be my end. Quite pitiful. Although I suppose a Brandt killing me was probably the best way to go. My vision was getting blurry and the world around me was fading.

"This is not the end."

She had won her battle with me, but there would be many more to come.