Chapter 90

Vanessa

I groaned. My head was pounding. What the hell? I gasped as the memories flooded in. I shot up and glanced around. I was in my room.  Where was everyone? I found everyone situated around the living room watching Tv. I caught Kai's eyes and he jumped up.

"There she is!"

Kayden and Dylan were at my side in an instant.

"How do you feel?" Dylan asked

I gave them both a small smile.

"I feel good. Better than I have in a while."

"Good," Kayden said placing a kiss on my forehead.

Kai pushed Dylan and Kayden out of the way with a frown.

"I saw her first!" Kai said before engulfing me in a hug.

I chuckled and hugged him back.

"Alright let the girl get some food in her stomach."

I beamed up at my dad.

"Hey, papa," I said while hugging him fiercely.

We stayed there for a while before he stroked my hair and stepped away.

"Your mom is in the kitchen. Why don't you go get some food and go back to bed? You need to rest. "

I nodded my head and walked into the kitchen to see what my mom was cooking.

"Mornin' mama."

"Morning baby girl!"

She turned the stove low and enveloped me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay, baby. I was so worried."

I smiled and squeezed her tight.

"I told we would come back fine."

"That you did, mija"

Mama patted my cheek and returned back to the stove.

"What are you making?"

"Well I have seafood mornay in the oven and I'm making shrimp scampi right now."

"Two seafood dishes? "

Mom shrugged.

"What's wrong with having two? Besides your father started whining about how it wasn't fair that I was only making your favorite meals."
I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Dinners almost ready. Get Sage and Chloe to come help set the table."

My mom said shooing me away. I shook my head.

"Mom, I can do it. "

"You need to rest, baby. You've been through a lot. "

When I went to protest again she glared at me and I immediately gave up. There was honestly no use in arguing with her. I poked my head out into the living room.

"Chloe, Sage! Would you mind helping and setting the table."

"Sure." They both replied getting up.

"You set the table and I pour the drinks?" Sage asked Chloe and she nodded in agreement.

I felt in the way so I went and found a spot on the couch in between Dylan and Kayden. I smiled when they both reached for my hand. I loved this feeling.

"Foods ready!" My mom called out.

"Last one to the table has to clean the dishes!" I yelled before jumping off of the couch and racing to the dining room. I laughed as everyone clambered after me.

"Avery! has to wash dishes!" Tony announced.

Avery sucked his teeth and glared at Tony before sighing.

"That's okay because that means that Levi has to do them too."

"Bitch say what? How did you come to that conclusion?" Levi asked

Avery shrugged. "We're twins. We are one. If I come in last then so do you."

"What kind of logic is that?"

"Well, you were second to last anyway." Rafe chimed in

Ava laughed. "I guess that means Levi and Avery will be doing the dishes."

"You guys suck," they said in unison.

We all laughed and settled down. Having dinner with everyone made me feel complete. I love how much our family has grown in such a short amount of time. After dinner, we all watched Avery and Levi bicker as they washed dishes. After a while, I got up and made my way to the living room.

"Mija."

"Yeah?"

"Room. Sleep. Now."

I huffed and grabbed Kai's hand dragging him with me. We laid on the bed and talked for a bit.

"How are you feeling?"

"Honestly? I feel good. Real good."

"What about your cravings?"

"It was pretty hard at first, but the more I'm around people the easier it gets."

"You sure? You know I'll try and help in any way I can, right?"

" I know and I love you for it, but Kayden's family drew up a schedule for me."

"Schedule?" I turned on my side and faced him.

"It's so I don't get hungry and accidentally take a chomp out of my classmates. "

"Ahh, I imagine that to be very helpful. "

"Very."

There was a knock on the door. Kai opened the door to find Dylan and Kayden.

"What do you guys want?"

"You didn't think we would let you keep our mate all to yourself, do you?"

"I get brotherly privileges, so yes, but I'll go because I'm nice."

Kai gave me a wink and closed the door behind him. They both stared at me for a while before plopping down beside.

"What?"

"Let's not have a repeat of the last couple of months, yeah?" Dylan asked
I chuckled "I definitely don't plan on starting a war anytime soon. We may not be as lucky as we were."

"But things are going to be boring now."

Dylan and I stared at Kayden and he shrugged.

"Things are going to go back to normal, or at least as normal as it can get, anyway. Don't you think it's going to be kind of weird at first?"

I nodded " Yeah, I see what you mean."

I yawned and Dylan chuckled.

"Come on, Princess. Let's get some rest."

I didn't even pretest as they tucked me in. I was out before I knew it.