Chapter 32

Kayden

Holy shit. I can't believe I ran into my soulmate. Literally. Finding my mate didn't exactly fit my current lifestyle, but I had to admit that she was breathtaking and she was even cuter when she was blushing. As cute as Vanessa was I was still a bit stuck on the fact that she was human. My ears rang and I cocked my head to the side when I heard my brother Avery's voice.

"If he doesn't hurry the hell up I'll find my own 'snack'. There are plenty to choose from."

"Chill out. You're being impatient." Levi said

I heard a loud smack. I'm guessing my dear brother was smacked upside the head. I sighed.

"I'm sure I'll see you around." I winked at Vanessa

I swiftly made my way to the car.

"Humans are not our food source!" I glared at Avery

"Well, technically they are- even if it is coming from a blood bag." He smirked

"He does have a point." Levi chimed in

I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Besides don't act like you didn't feed off of your girlfriends and flings, just like we did."

"The difference is that I was smart about it. Look, everyone knows body temperature is better than a blood bag, especially when sex is thrown into the mix, but we can't do that stuff anymore. The whole point of us moving here was because mom wanted a new start. I won't let you upset her." I said heatedly.

We were cocky and sloppy and we ended up having to pay the price for it.

We could only mess with people's minds so much until they started questioning the blanks in their memory and everything else that came with encountering a vampire. The last move had really upset mom. We were actually able to grow up there and all of us had gotten attached to the people around us. Even if we didn't sound like it sometimes we really loved humans and so did the rest of our family. I refuse to let anyone upset mom; even if it is my idiot brothers.

"I know." Avery sighed facing forward

When we got home Levi and Avery made a beeline for the fridge. I smiled thankfully when Levi tossed me a blood bag. I laid back and watched them for a bit. They were twins and it was amusing to see how in sync they were. I chuckled. Een the way they drank their blood was similar. Levi raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bro, I've been meaning to ask, what the hell happened to your shirt?" He asked and Avery nodded in agreement.

I sighed as I sat down in the love seat and began telling them how I met Vanessa. Once I was done telling them the story Levi laughed.

"You would be the one to find your soul mate first."

I narrowed my eyes at him "What is that supposed to mean"

"It means you go through girls like a bag of chips and we don't see you settling down." Avery chortled

"I feel like you just called me a whore and I just never found a girl that could keep my interest long enough."

"What about Alexa? She was hot and you kept her around longer than the others." Avery asked

"Yup, plus she was a vampire," Levi added

I sighed.

"Honestly, that's probably the only reason she lasted longer; with her, there were no boundaries."

"True." Levi and Avery both said in agreement.