T H R E E

Yeonjun's POV

~Flashback~

I step off the bus and keep my head down as I walk towards the front doors of the school. This has become a sort of routine for the past couple months since I started school. I get on the bus and sit in the back with my earbuds in, I get off the bus with my head down and my earbuds in, and I walk through the school with my head down and my earbuds in.

It's hard when you're pushed into a place where everyone speaks this foreign language that you don't understand and you're forced to try to understand it for the sake of your own knowledge and well being. I don't blame Noona for this though. She had her reasons for wanting to get out of that horrible place. The only reason I was enduring it was for Jeongguk. But he left, so of course I would choose to leave with Y/N. She's the next closest thing to a mother to me. Of course, it still sucks having to deal with the kids at this school everyday.

Sometimes I wish I could understand what they are saying. I can understand bits and pieces, but they speak so fast and I just end up missing whole parts of conversations. During class it's even worse. The teachers have been trying to slow down for me, which I really appreciate, but I'm sure the rest of the students don't. I know for a fact that we've ended up with extra homework because the teacher has taken too long trying to teach before...all because of me. Which also explains why I'm not considered cool or popular, at all. In fact, I am basically the opposite. I don't know what they're saying, but I'll be walking through the hallways hearing laughs from behind me. I know what they're saying can't be good.

I've gotten used to it though. It doesn't really bother me anymore. It did at first, but there are some kids that I've started to like. What's funny is that they're all Korean. I've somehow found my way back to my roots even in school.

There is this one guy though that I can only hope will notice me. His name is Soobin and he's one of the most handsome boys I've ever seen in my life. I don't really understand why I'm feeling this way because until this year, I had never been exposed to other people that much. All I know is that I find myself drawn to him whenever he's near me. We have a few classes together and he's really smart. He raises his hand a lot and his voice is kind of deep and a bit raspy. I love hearing him talk. And he has a really pretty smile. He's not popular exactly, but he's basically friends with everyone and everyone loves him.

I sit right behind him in English class, so I find myself staring at him a lot.

Today is no exception.

He looks especially good today.

His black hair looks soft and perfectly styled on his head

His black hair looks soft and perfectly styled on his head. I've also noticed something new today. He has the most adorable dimples on this planet. He's laughed a couple times at some of the things his friends have said and I think I almost blacked out once because of it.

"Dude," I hear from beside me. "You have got to stop staring at him," my friend Taehyun whispers to me in Korean.

He's one of my Korean friends. He speaks perfect English, but we bonded because we're both Korean and, thankfully he knows Korean as well, so we're able to converse comfortably.