F O U R

"Doyun!" I gasp, jumping out of my dream state and sitting straight up in my bed.

I hear a soft grumble from beside me. I turn my head slowly to look at Drew sleeping peacefully, not phased by my sudden scream.

I swallow down the sick feeling I have deep in my stomach that was left behind due to the horrible dream.

I've had the same dream on and off for a long time now. It always feels so real and I always end up screaming myself awake. Every night I wake up after Doyun's body falls lifelessly to the ground, blood pooling around him.

Lately, little details have been changing with each dream. This time, Doyun was wearing a black shirt instead of the grey shirt that he had been wearing in previous dreams. In one dream Taehyung spoke when in another dream Yoongi actually spoke at that time.

But it's always the same dream, with the same ending outcome. Doyun, lying dead on the floor of Jimin's living room.

My mind and my heart keep telling me to be angry with Jimin, but my body keeps telling me that it's just a dream and I'm overreacting hugely. Even if I wanted to check with Doyun to keep myself sane and make sure he's still alive, he's still in Korea and lives with my father, who I'm trying to steer clear from for obvious reasons.

But things just don't add up to me.

First, it's Jeongguk. He leaves without any reason, without saying goodbye, and without Yeonjun.

Then, my dreams basically drive my emotions to go haywire.

And I can't even contact Doyun to confirm my suspicions because he's in enemy territory.

Suddenly, I hear the door creak, pulling me out of my thoughts. I jerk my head to the other side to find Yeonjun peering into the room. His body is dark and just outlined by the light out in the hallway.

At least I still have Yeonjun. He's the one constant in my life. As long as I have him I could never be upset with where I am right now. I could never regret my decision.

He motions for me to meet him out in the hallway and then disappears back behind the door.

I sigh and pull myself out of bed, crossing my arms around my body as the cold air hits the bare skin that isn't covered by my tank top.

I walk out of the room as quiet as possible and close the door behind me, sneaking over to Yeonjun's room and slipping inside.

The light is on, so my eyes squint and try to blink the sleep away. He's sitting on the edge of his bed, staring at the floor emotionlessly.

Yeonjun is a handsome boy and even though he's not related to Jeongguk, I can't help but see his face when I look at him. He reminds me of Jeongguk in almost every way. The thought makes me smile, but I quickly remember that he left and my body stiffens again, the smile disappearing.

"You dreamed about your brother again," he mumbles to the floor.

I sigh and nod, even though he can't see me at all. "Yeah," I bite my lip and walk over to sit next to him. "Did I wake you?"

He looks up at me but frantically looks away from my eyes as soon as we make eye contact. "N-no, I was already awake. It's alright."

I narrow my eyes at him. "No, it's not alright. It's a school night and it's," I glance over at his clock on the dresser, "two in the morning," I gasp in realization. "What are you doing up so late?"

He mumbles something under his breath with a cough.

I blink. "What was that?"

"ᴵʷᵃˢᵗᵉˣᵗᶦⁿᵍˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ," he mumbles.

"Junnie, you know I can't understand you when you're mumbling."

"I was just texting someone, Noona," he says louder and clearer this time, annoyance lacing his voice.

I raise an eyebrow. "And does this someone happen to be from your school?"

"No, Noona," he starts. "I'm texting someone from Mars and you wanna know something even weirder," he continues, sarcasm evident in his voice now. "It's an alien who speaks a different language. It's a wonder we can even communicate at all--"

"Alright, alright!" I cut him off. "So, it is someone from your school. Got it."

He laughs out loud.

"Is it a girl?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"No, mom," he emphasizes the word with more sarcasm.

"So, it's a boy then," I smile.

"Y-yeah, it's a boy. So what?" He answers somewhat defensively.

I chuckle. "You know, in this day in age you can like anyone despite gender."

His eyes widen a bit. "Okay, cool. Can you, like, leave now?"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of--"

"Yep, got it."

"I'm just trying to connect with you, you know," I add.

He nods. "Yeah, I know, Noona."

"I love you, Junnie," I lean forward and press a kiss to his temple. "Don't ever forget that."

"I won't," he replies simply.

I nod and push off the bed. "Well, this was a nice talk, but I'm gonna try to get some sleep before tomorrow. We have a lot planned. The work party is tomorrow and we want you to come with us."

"That doesn't sound like any fun," he mutters.

"I promise it won't be that bad," I laugh as I reach the door to leave. "Get some rest and get off the phone."

He groans, mumbling an "okay" in there somewhere.

I sigh as I close his door behind me.

I can't help but feel uneasy as Yeonjun and I become closer and my nightmares become more frequent.

I really hope this is just another one of my mind's tricks.

i've been so busy

holy hell

pray for me...

anyway, next chapter will be the party and all that entails...

it'll be more interesting

i promise hehe

~JJ