S E V E N T E E N

Y/N's POV

I wake with a start, my eyes popping open and my body jerking upright into a sitting position.

"Y/N," I hear a panicked voice shout my name.

I turn my head to see Jeongguk on the floor beside me.

"Goddamn it, I thought we lost you for a second there," he sighs, pulling me close to him. I allow him to hug me close to his firm body.

"I'm fine," I mutter.

"We were worried about you," I hear Soobin say to me.

I turn in his direction and smile. He's standing above us still. I must not have been out for that long.

"I promise I'm fine."

"What did you see?" I hear Sabine ask from across the room. "What memories?"

I look at Jeongguk. "Doyun's actually dead,"  I mumble. "That was real. I-I didn't even get to grieve. Jimin made me forget and didn't let me have time to say goodbye." I can feel tears starting to surface in my eyes.

"So I'm assuming all of you have been drugged then," Sabine comments. "Right?"

I turn to her with a huff. "I am talking about how my brother is dead and all you care about is that we're drugged?"

She sighs and walks over to me. "I lost my brother for a long time, too. I know it's not the same, but if you want to get justice for him, sitting here and doing nothing is getting you nowhere."

As much as I want to be mad at her, she's right. I huff out a sigh and nod. I look into Jeongguk's eyes. "Can you help me up?"

He smiles and grabs my hands, pulling me slowly up to my feet. I start to feel unstable, but he quickly catches me by grabbing my hips and holding me in place.

I bite my lip. "Thanks," I mumble.

I hear Soobin clear his throat. "This reversing drug thing. Can we use it on Yeonjun? Like now?"

Sabine ruffles Soobin's hair and nods. "I was gonna ask permission from the parents first." She looks at me.

"Let's do it," I say, still holding onto Jeongguk for stability.

We start walking back, Jeongguk walking closely beside me to make sure I don't fall and Soobin directly behind us.

"So," Soobin drawls. "It's you two, huh?"

I chuckle and look back at him. "It's complicated."

"What is he talking about?" Jeongguk asks.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

We continue to walk, but after a few seconds, I begin to feel the uncomfortable feeling of Jeongguk's gaze on the side of my face. I turn to look at him.

"You seriously have grown so much more beautiful in only a year," he mumbles.

I gulp and quickly look away. "Thank you."

Why does he have to be so goddamn handsome and kind and irresistible?

"I mean it," he continues, a deep blush starting to creep onto my cheeks.

"I know you do. Please stop," I groan, embarrassed.

He slides an arm around my waist and snuggles into my side as we walk.

"What are you doing?"

"Being cute."

"Well...stop."