T H I R T E E N

Y/N's POV

"What did you just say?"

The world around me spins as Yeonjun's words repeat in my mind over and over.

That's how Doyun died.

Yeonjun's eyes pierce into mine as he nervously swallows. "N-nevermind..." he mumbles.

"No, what do you mean?"

He shakes his head with his eyes closed tightly as if he was in pain. "I-I can't exactly remember."

My eyebrows wrinkle together in confusion.

"It's like I remembered for a split second, but now all I remember are, like, broken parts," Yeonjun whispers. He worries his bottom lip with his teeth, the memories obviously toying with his mind. "I remember parts of conversations and...screams," he squints in pain. "I can still hear them. They're loud. I can hear sobbing, too."

"Screams. Crying," I mutter to myself.

Everything he just said reminds me of the things that I thought I remembered, but everyone said I was crazy. 

I open my mouth to ask him another question when the door bursts open. "Yeonjun!"

Yeonjun snaps his head to the side and I do the same. Soobin rushes through the door.

"Soobin!"

The boy rushes up to Yeonjun's hospital bed and wraps his arms around Yeonjun's body softly. I smile at the interaction.

"A-are you okay?" Soobin's voice shakes as he pulls away. "They were saying that your health was critical. I thought you...died," he panics.

"I'm fine," Yeonjun whispers.

I just watch the exchange with fond eyes. Soobin presses his forehead to Yeonjun's and closes his eyes. "Don't do that to me again."

"I'm sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment," I finally speak, making Soobin jerk away from Yeonjun.

"Oh, I guess I didn't even think to knock or anything," Soobin chuckles softly. "The nurses said he was looking for me and I just had to see him."

I smile. "Well, I'm glad you're okay Soobin."

"Thank you, um, Miss Kim," he looks down shyly.

I laugh. "You can call me Noona. Junnie does. I don't much care for my name." Because it reminds me of my father.

"Well then, thank you, Noona," Soobin smiles. "And I wanna say that I feel so bad that Yeonjun almost died at my house."

My eyes widen and I shake my head viciously, "No, no, it's not your fault, sweetie."

Soobin bites his lip. "I just don't understand what happened. It was like an explosion. It was something straight outta the movies."

I chuckle nervously. "At least you're okay."

"Yeah, how are you okay?" Yeonjun asks.

Soobin shrugs. "My uncle just grabbed me and pulled me into our basement."

Yeonjun looks at me and I look at him. How do I approach this?

"Is your uncle okay?" I ask.

Soobin nods. "Yeah, thankfully."

"I thought you didn't like your uncle."

Soobin hesitates for a moment, an emotionless look on his face. The look makes me nervous. But he soon puts a smile on his face. A nonconvincing smile, at that.