F I F T E E N

Y/N's POV

Soobin shifts in the seat beside me, obviously a bit uncomfortable and I can't say that I blame him. I barely know the kid and he probably just wants to be around Yeonjun as much as he can right now. But that's not an option for either of us as Jeongguk is in the hospital room doing god knows what with Yeonjun.

I sigh and look at Soobin. "So, you're Yeonjun's age?"

He nods with a tight-lipped smile. "Yeah, 13."

I hum. "And you're officially his boyfriend now? When did that happen?"

Soobin shrugs. "We never really talked about it like that. After the accident, it made us realize that we're obviously not just friends or crushes or whatever."

I smile. "I remember being your age. I wasn't introduced to love until I was in high school," I chuckle.

Soobin quickly looks at me. "Love is a...strong word."

I raise an eyebrow at him, his cheeks turning a rosy pink color.

"It's a little early for that...I think," he continues.

"While I want to protect Yeonjun from the bad people of this world and from heartbreak, I know that having these kinds of experiences is important for a kid," I explain. Soobin listens intently. "He might be a bit younger than I was, but I believe that you two have something. You might not know exactly what it is yet, I sure as hell don't, but I see the way you two look at each other."

Soobin smiles shyly and looks down at the floor.

"Do you care about him?"

"Very much," he whispers.

"In this world of so many bad things, he needs someone like you to keep him happy and out of trouble," I smile. Soobin looks up at me with big eyes. "He's been through a lot. I don't know how much you know about his upbringing. Hell, I don't even know everything, but the happiness that I've seen in his eyes recently is what I've always wanted for him."

Soobin scoots closer to me. "Noona, even before I confessed my feelings for him, I knew I'd do anything for him. I feel very close to him like we've been through some similar things. I just want you to know that even in this short time of being together, I know he's special. I promise I'll take good care of him."

Soobin's words make my heart soar. They sound beautifully genuine. I've always been good at reading people due to my past experiences. I can see in Soobin's eyes that he truly cares for Yeonjun.

I nod. "Okay."

We sit there in silence for about ten more minutes before Jeongguk walks into the waiting room with his hands stuffed in his pockets. What a cute habit.

Both me and Soobin stand up.

I get a good look at Jeongguk's face and he looks a bit disappointed.

"We talked and he's pretty much in agreement with you," he tells me. "He's not very happy with me."

I give him a sad smile. "I told you. I wasn't making it up that he didn't wanna see you."

Jeongguk nods. "He told me he wants to continue living with you as his legal guardian," he informs me, making me sigh in relief. "He also told me that he wants me to be in his life more, so I guess that's a plus."

I nod. "We can work on that."

Soobin suddenly steps forward. "Hi, I'm Yeonjun's boyfriend. My name's Soobin."

Jeongguk smiles widely and shakes Soobin's hand. "Young love. How cute."

Soobin chuckles awkwardly. "Love might be a bit much..."