T W E N T Y - F I V E

Being in a situation like this is scary, but I've noticed that it gets scarier every single day that we stand here waiting for something to happen. Yeonjun keeps mentioning to me that we're just sitting ducks without a plan. He's right, but our safest option right now is to trust the boys and hope that this ends well. 

Yeonjun is terrified. He's acting tough, but every time I go to visit him in the hospital I can see the fear in his eyes. He's getting stronger with every day spent there, thankfully. He has yet to actually be able to move his leg and I can tell that he's extremely frustrated with his situation. Like I said, he acts tough, but he's pretty much an open book when you look into his eyes. 

Soobin, thankfully, is holding it together for the two of them. Unfortunately, I can't be that person for him right now because I'm just as frazzled as he is. Soobin, I've learned, is a bit impatient. He likes the action, I suppose. Or he's just getting really bored and restless sitting here waiting to be attacked basically. But he isn't scared. Yeonjun needs that right now. Hell, we all need it.

Jeongguk is spending a lot of time around me and that scares me. He won't talk about what's going on. He's in denial. Maybe not even denial, but the way he's acting like he has to spend every second with me...like it's his last. It freaks me out. I don't let him see that though. 

Me? I'm angry. I'm pissed off. I hate sitting here and doing nothing just as much as Yeonjun. But that part doesn't scare me. A lot of other things do, but that's not one of them. No. This makes me mad. I'm mad at Jimin for putting us in this situation. I'm mad at Hoseok for betraying me, all that time ago. I'm mad at Jeongguk, even, for acting like nothing's happening. But I'm even more upset at myself. I hate that I couldn't prevent this. I hate that I pretty much let myself be a pawn. I didn't fight back. I just let it happen. If I would have just opened my eyes a little more I would have seen what was going on. I was so close to understanding. I knew something was off.

"Hey," Jeongguk snaps me out of my thoughts. "I can see little grey hair sprouting from your head as we speak."

I give him a tight-lipped smile.

"What's wrong?" He asks as if it's the millionth time he's asked.

I sigh. "You know if we don't approach this the right way, you're gonna die. I might, too. Yeonjun's in danger now, as well. Soobin, too."

He sticks his tongue into the side of his cheek. "Don't stress yourself out so much. We need to just trust the boys."

"You weren't saying that the other day," I mutter.

"Well, the other day was the other day," he rolls his eyes. "We need to have faith. That's the right way to approach this."

I blink. "Yeah, I know...but after that?"

"I don't know," he answers. "But they said they would--"

"I know what they said," I cut him off, gritting my teeth in aggravation. "But I have this feeling in my gut that tells me...something is wrong. There's something we're missing."

He purses his lips and walks up to me. "The more you worry about this, the less time we get to spend in peace before all hell breaks loose...and we don't know what's going to happen when it does."

"Stop saying shit like that," I exclaim, walking away from him and putting my face in my hands anxiously. "You're not going to die."

Jeongguk sighs. "I know..." he trails off, in the middle of a thought. "I know you think I'm the one in denial, Y/N."

I groan. "You are."

"Listen to me," he states firmly. "I know you think I'm the one in denial, but I'm not. I'm just thinking ahead and I'm thinking that if these are my last moments," he places extra emphasis on the 'if', "I want to spend them with you...and happily. I understand that you don't want to act like we're not about to be attacked because it makes you uncomfortable to let yourself be vulnerable like that. But it's important to me that I know I got to make up for all the time that I missed out on with you."