T W E L V E

"How many of us survived?"

"All except one. Jimin will not be happy that you made it out alive, sir."

A humorless laugh leaves the man's mouth. "Good."

☠ ☠ ☠

Yeonjun's POV

"Sabine," I whisper as my eyes open.

Sabine is still sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, thankfully. I have found that she is very comforting and is good at keeping me calm.

She lowers the book that she was holding close to her face to her lap and leans forward with a smile. "Hey, Yeonjun. How did you sleep?"

I nod. "Good."

My voice is gravelly, but it is coming back to me with much more ease. It doesn't hurt to talk anymore and I'm not in any pain unless I move too much.

"Where's my Noona? Is she here?"

She gives me a shy smile. "She is. We told her that she could come in whenever you woke up."

My heart skips a beat. "Yes, I want to see her."

"Wait, Yeonjun. We thought we should inform you about your condition first. You were very badly injured back there in that explosion. I'm honestly surprised you could even talk to me, let alone stay awake."

I gulp. That's when I realize I can't move one of my legs. Tears almost immediately start forming in my eyes as I start to become overwhelmed. "How bad is it?" I barely get out.

She sighs. "One of your knee caps was shattered. As of right now, you will not be able to walk for a long time. It is hard to say if you will ever fully regain the strength in your leg."

"Shit!" I yell.

She jumps at my outburst but stays by my side. "We can set up a wheelchair for you and--"

"I'm a dancer!" I cry. "I can't fucking dance with only one working leg."

"I'm sorry, Yeonjun," she whispers.

I groan and close my eyes. "Is there anything else?"

"There is a minor fracture in your skull. You told me that your head was hurting and that's because whatever you ran into left a crack in your skull. That should heal fine. We checked for brain damage and there was none, thank god," she informs me. "A lot of muscle sprains and glass injuries. You have a couple of broken ribs, but no other broken bones other than your knee and skull. There were a few that are very brittle and could have easily been broken, but you were lucky."

I shake my head. "I would not call myself lucky. Not by a long shot."

"You are lucky to even be alive, Yeonjun. Please remember that. If you would have died, I'm sure it would have left your Noona in shambles. And how about that friend of yours? You are so lucky that you are still here. I'm just glad we got to you in time."

I sigh. "You're right."

"I will go get your Noona and I will search for that friend of yours to make sure he's okay. What's his name?" She asks, standing from her seat.

"Soobin. Choi Soobin."

She nods and steps out of the room, letting the door click shut. As soon as the door shuts, tears start to pour from my eyes. "Fuck," I whimper, pulling my hands up weakly to cover my tear covered face.

Fucking Park Jimin. Why did he have to ruin what was good about my life? Take away my dancing and my crush, and for what? For his own personal vendetta that has nothing to do with me.