S I X T E E N

Y/N's POV

A gasp leaves both me and Jeongguk's throats.

"His sister died in a car accident a long time ago," Jeongguk hesitantly comments.

Sabine sighs. "It might be hard to understand, but just hear me out. I was not killed in that car accident."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Jeongguk asks.

"I figured you'd ask that," she mumbles and hands the paper to Jeongguk. "I found a strand of Tae's hair and used that along with mine to prove that we're related."

Jeongguk's eyes widen and he hands the paper to me. "It's true."

"I've been in contact with Taehyung actually," she admits. "He knows I'm alive, but I asked him to keep it quiet because I have reason to believe that Park Jimin had something to do with that car accident and I have evidence that he knows I'm alive."

"Jimin tried to kill Taehyung?" Jeongguk asks.

I look over at a confused Soobin and grab his hand tugging him close to me to comfort him.

"I don't know that for sure, but I know that when he found out I was alive, he made sure that Taehyung thought I was dead and made it impossible for me to contact him," Sabine answers, sadness overtaking her features.

"How?" I ask.

She looks at me. "Have you heard of the drug Epuise de bleu?"

Memories from the very last assignment I did for my father come to mind. "Yeah, I do. It's a sleeping drug that, when administered correctly, can put someone to sleep for long periods of time in a death state. It can be very lethal."

"That mixed with a mind-control drug and a memory drug caused Jimin to be able to manipulate me into being the perfect puppet for capturing Taehyung. At least, that's what I believe happened," she sighs and runs a hand over her face. "He used Epuise de bleu to make me unconscious to trick Taehyung, then basically compelled me to forget certain things. He told me to stay away from Taehyung and his new family and I wasn't allowed to contact him."

"Wasn't allowed?" I ask.

"He mind-controlled me. I physically could not call him or text him or try to find him," she explains, her voice filling with sadness. "What he doesn't know is that he didn't use it correctly with me. Everything faded away with time. I eventually was able to break free from the control he had over me and I contacted Taehyung."

I walk forward and pull her into a hug. "That must've been horrible."

"It was," she whispers. "But I'm not finished."

I pull away from the hug.

"That chemical that he created, using all three of those drugs is in Yeonjun's blood. He's under the same control I was. I'm sure of it. I just don't know what exactly it is," she tells us.

"Oh my god," I mumble.

"Can we reverse it?" Jeongguk pleads.

Sabine smiles. "Since I found out what happened to me, I figured out a way to create a drug that has the exact opposite effects on a person. It should be able to reverse everything."

A sharp pain in my head suddenly makes me scream out in pain, gripping my head.

"Y/N," Jeongguk rushes to me and holds my face in his hands. "What's wrong?"

"My head..." I mumble, surges of pain still rushing through me. I squeeze my eyes shut.

• • • "I've heard of it and we've tried to administer it before. We didn't have much and just assumed you swallowed it like a pill. It ended up killing the person we tested it on." • • •