E I G H T E E N

Y/N's POV

"The drug should make him tired, so just let him sleep for a little while," Sabine smiles at me. "The other nurses won't suspect anything. I made sure of it."

"Thank you, Sabine," I squeeze her shoulder affectionately.

"Don't forget, we still have to hook you and Jeongguk up, too," she laughs, walking away.

I could have my memories back. I don't even know exactly what memories I'm forgetting, but I'm still overjoyed.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around, finding Jeongguk standing behind me.

"Hello, beautiful," he smiles his bunny smile.

I chuckle. "Stop that."

"You're a free woman now," he smirks.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna crawl back to you," I snap back.

He flinches in fake pain. "I'm hurt," he frowns.

"Whatever," I mutter and start to walk away.

"Wait," he grabs my arm and pulls me back towards him.

I look at him, waiting for him to say whatever he needs to say.

"I'm sorry...about Drew."

I scoff. "No, you're not," I point out. "But thanks anyway," I smile up at him, knowing his intentions are pure.

His smile quickly fades into something more sinister. Something more lustful...but sad.

"I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about you," he suddenly says. "And I can tell you don't feel the way I do. So, I'm sorry for pushing myself at you."

I feel my heart pang with guilt and my mind starts screaming at me to confess something I didn't even know I needed to confess.

I shake my head. "Jeongguk..."

He closes his eyes and pulls away from me. "I'll try to keep it professional between us from now on."

"I don't want that!" I burst out, making him jump. "Sorry," I mumble.

He sighs. "You confuse me."

"And you confuse me," I repeat back.

"Maybe once we get our memories back this'll all make more sense," he suggests.

I nod. "Perhaps."

I bite my lip and look towards the hospital room, seeing Soobin sitting in the chair next to Yeonjun's bed with Yeonjun fast asleep.

I look back at Jeongguk. "You wanna...come to my place?"

Silence. The silence makes me feel weird. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"I just wanna change clothes and take a shower and I know Yeonjun won't be awake for a little while so—"

"Y/N," he cuts me off. "That's fine. I'd love to come with you. Maybe we can talk about some of the terms concerning Yeonjun and I's relationship moving forward."

I sigh in relief and nod. "Great idea."

☠ ☠ ☠

"This is the living room," I point out the obvious, not really knowing how to act with Jeongguk inside my house like this. "You can sit on the couch and wait for me if you want. I'm sure I'll be out of the shower shortly."

He nods, looking hesitant, but sitting down on the couch anyway. He keeps his gaze on me, giving me a look I've never seen before.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"