Chapter 8

"Now... tell me, Miss..." Barbossa started. "You changed your mind... why?"
"I thought it isn't necessary to explain myself this way?" Angelica asked.
"But you understand that I wonder why you want to except my deal?"
"Yes... I mean, we got the same goal..." Angelica stammered. "That would be?" Barbossa raised the eyebrows and crossed the arms.
"Well... revenge...?" she was uncertain. Angelica was good in deceiving people, but this time she expected another reaction of Barbossa.
"You mean Jack Sparrow?" "Yes."
"But... not long ago you sounded quite different, as if you were on Jack's side." Barbossa smiled and approached Angelica. She got really nervous.
"Well... not anymore, I mean... I never was."
"Oh please..." Barbossa laughed.
Now Angelica realized that he had seen through their plan.

Jack and Gibbs slowly went upstairs and approached the Captain's cabin.
"I always thought you are the master of the deceptive arts..." they heard Barbossa's voice from inside.
"Barbossa knows the plan..." Jack whispered.

Angelica had one last chance to escape now. She had to trust that Jack and Gibbs would wait outside and strengthen her back. Trusting Jack...
She could not believe that she was back at this point.
But it was her only and last chance.
Suddenly she got up from her chair and stole Barbossa's sword. Immediately he reacted and tried to block Angelica's way.
But Jack and Gibbs outside realized that it got louder in the cabin and opened the door quickly. When Jack saw Angelica with the sword near the door, he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the Captain's cabin. They ran downstairs and Barbossa followed them.
They arrived at the railing and Angelica was the first to leave the ship, followed closely by Jack and later by Gibbs, who had put Barbossa out of action for the time being.

After a while they were out of sight and the three of them fell completely out of breath into the sand.
"Do you have the sword?" Jack asked.
"Yes... right here." Angelica answered and gave it to him.
Jack looked at it carefully. "So that's Blackbeard's dreaded sword..." he whispered, but Angelica could understand him. "Yes." she said and smiled as she saw how Jack realized that she heard what he just said.
"Crazy to look at it now and to know that we don't have to fear anything." Gibbs said then.
"Now give it to me." Angelica held out her hand. Jack didn't understand.
"I want to get the Black Pearl out now." she smiled.
He gave it to her and Gibbs gave her the bottle.
Then they walked over to the water and Angelica put the bottle in. After that she grasped the sword with both hands. Her heart was beating fast and she hoped it would work out as she had planned.
Slowly she went to her knees in the water to the Pearl and raised the sword.
Jack watched intently.
Angelica quickly slammed the sword into the middle of the glass. Immediately a bright white light lit up, which made them see nothing.
Jack and Gibbs were startled and took a few steps backwards.
Then the black ship rose from the water. Angelica hurried back to the beach.
After a short while, the Black Pearl was tall and graceful in front of them.
Jack couldn't believe his eyes. "That's not real..." he whispered. But Angelica could understand what Jack said, again. "It is real." she answered and laughed. Jack turned to her and looked at her in unbelief. "How did you do that?" "Does not matter. Come on! Board your ship Captain!" she shouted.
Immediately Jack did it and Gibbs followed him.
Angelica saw how happy Jack was. There was a bright light in his eyes. And although she was angry at him, she was glad to see him like that.

On deck, Jack went to the wheel. He put his hands onto it and looked at the horizon. And as he was in thoughts he remembered how he sailed before many years on this ship and at the horizon, a city appeared... Seville. Where he met Angelica.
Angelica!
Then he ran to the railing and looked down at the beach where she was standing.
"Angelica! Come on!" he shouted.
"What?" she did not understand.
"Come up!"
"No... You certainly want to sail now." she answered.
Now Jack realized that she really didn't want to come with them.
"At least look at it." he begged. "Can you refuse me that wish?"
"I could..." she said ironically and laughed.

Angelica came up and as she entered the ship and looked around, she remembered very much.
Jack noticed it by her eyes.
"What do you remember?" he asked and approached her.
"Everything." she answered.
"Come on... I'll show you something."
They went to the wheel.
"Look at the horizon." Jack ordered.
Angelica did.
Jack knew that she loved it to look there. He didn't know why, but when she was here he became way more sentimental.
After a long time of silence Angelica broke. "Well... have a good journey, Jack." she said and was about to leave the ship.
Jack followed her. "Wait..." he shouted. "You really want to go?" he asked a bit nervous.
"Yes... of course. What did you expect?"
"I thought you will cone with us..." Jack spoke very quiet. "What? Jack that's impossible." Angelica answered. "Why?" he wanted to know. "Because it is."
"But I think I will need your help with my new destination..." Jack said.
"Where do you like to go?"
"I want to find this chest with those jewels that got the power to rule the wind and tide." Jack explained.
"You told me about it..." he added then.
"You remember that?" Angelica asked very surprised.
"Of course. And I actually hoped you could help me up with that..."
"Jack I-"
"Please, Angelica..." he interrupted her.
Angelica sighed and looked at the horizon again.
"Alright... I'll come with you." she smiled.
Jack began to smile too. "I'm happy to hear that..." he said and became more quiet.
"But after that, I'll go." Angelica said then.
"Y-Yes... of course." Jack answered.

Now he had the chance to give Angelica the ring he had been carrying with him for a long time. Only he did not know how she would react, which made him hesitate.
Then the three of them set sail and the Black Pearl sailed into the sunset...

——————————
Does Jackie care for Angelica??😏😏🤔😂