Chapter 10

As the sun rose, Jack stepped out of the Captain's cabin. He was the first on deck and everything was quiet. Jack took a deep breath and went to the wheel.
He took a look at the map, which was on a small table standing next to the wheel.
No one knew where the chest was and he had to find three of the jewels as well. And no one knew how they looked like.
Jack had no idea where to start his search. In addition, he needed a crew first, without which he would not get far anyway. Just a few men would be enough.
Suddenly Gibbs came up the stairs.
"Morning Captain!" he said and smiled. He seemed to be in a good mood.
"Good Morning Gibbs!" Jack answered.
"Are you ready to find the jewels?" Gibbs asked.
"There's something you didn't know yet, my friend..." Jack sighed.
Gibbs did not know what Jack learned yesterday from Angelica.
"What?" Gibbs asked confused.
"Nobody knows where this chest might be and three of the jewels are not there. We have to find them somewhere in the caribbean, but nobody knows how they look like." Jack explained to him.
"Sounds great." Gibbs said with much irony in his voice. "Who told you that?"
"Angelica. Yesterday."
"And how do you want to start now?" Gibbs looked at the map.
"I really don't know. But at first I need a crew." Jack said.
In that moment, Angelica arrived on deck. She didn't realize Jack and Gibbs yet, she went to the railing and looked at the water. In the distance, she spotted a small dinghy. As it approached, she saw three men sitting in it. When they saw the big ship, they began to wave. Angelica turned around looking for help. Then she saw Jack and Gibbs at the wheel.
"Jack!" she screamed and ran over to him.
Jack went towards her.
"What's happening?" he asked.
"A dinghy drives towards us!" Angelica pointed at it.
"It will capsize if it gets too close to the Pearl." she added.
Jack took his telescope and looked down at the small boat.
"Gibbs! Let one of our dinghies down!" Jack ordered and smiled.
"Why are you smiling?" Angelica asked.
Jack gave her the telescope. She looked through.
"Scrum!" she shouted and smiled. "And some of the others."
"Yes and we need a crew-"
"And that's why Scrum and the others come right, aye?" Angelica finished his sentence.
"Aye..." Jack smiled.

After the three men were brought aboard the Pearl, they only realized who had just rescued them.
"That can not be real..." Scrum whispered completely out of breath.
"Believe me, it is." Angelica laughed.
Scrum smiled relieved. With him was the little cabin boy Thomas and Philip.
"What are you doing on this boat? I thought you were on the Queen Anne's Revenge, sailing under Barbossa's flag." Jack asked.
"We did." Scrum answered.
"But?"
"We could not stay. We felt involuntarily taken over." he explained.
"I understand..." Jack mumbled. "And you?" he turned to Philip. "You weren't there when it happened."
"Yes. I was with Serena." Philip said. "She saved me and brought me out of those pools. When we emerged in the middle of the ocean, we saw the dinghy. She brought me there and went back to her sisters."
"And the others? Where are they?" Jack was curious. "Some are no longer alive, the others were too scared to be seen by Barbossa." Thomas answered.
Jack sighed.
"I can make you an offer." he started. "You can become part of my crew and sail on this ship."
"Sounds not bad..." Scrum mumbled. "Well, I'd like to stay." "Me too." Thomas agreed.
"Church human?" Jack asked.
"Sure... Thank you, Jack."
"I'll show you your bunks." Angelica said and went under decks. The three of them followed her.

Under decks they spotted their bunks.
"Angelica... I've got one more question..." Scrum said.
"Of course..."
"When we went with Barbossa, you and your father, I mean Blackbeard, you were poisoned..."
"Jack found the chalices and I could be cured." Angelica explained.
"And how did you get to Jack? I mean you were on this island and Barbossa got you off..."
"Yes. Barbossa got me off from it and then he wanted me to go with him. But I just wanted to find Jack and get my personal revenge. That was all I wanted." Angelica explained.
"Ah, so that was it what you two talked about."
"Yes. Barbossa wanted to make me an offer. But that's not what I thought of."
"And did you get your revenge?" Thomas asked.
"More or less..." she mumbled.
"But now everything is alright again, isn't it?" Philip wanted to know. "I mean, between Jack and you..."
"Jack and I aren't friends. It's a long story and it's not only because of that. We know each other for many years and it happened very much. I'm only here because I'm helping him up with something."
"Helping him up with what?" the three men were very curious.
"With the new destination. The magical jewels that got the power to rule the wind and tide." Angelica explained.
Then she told them everything she knew about those jewels...

——————————
Scrum, Philip (Church human) and the little cabin boy are back!🤗
I gave him the name Thomas. Nowhere is mentioned a name, but I think he needs one here😌