Chapter 15

It was late in the evening and the sky was black.
Angelica went over to Jack's Captain's cabin. Hesitantly, she knocked on the door.
"Who's there?" she heard Jack's voice from inside.
She opened the door.
"May I come in?" she asked.
"Sure." Jack answered as he saw her, then he turned away again.
Angelica came in and closed the door.
"You simply picked the jewel today, where is it?" she wanted to know.
"In the right drawer of my desk." Jack responded.
Angelica approached him and sighed. Then she put out the ring.
"Thank you... for giving me the ring back..." she mumbled. "I think I've got something to explain there..." she added.
"You don't have to explain anything." Jack said as he turned around to Angelica.
"But I want to."
Then it was silent.
Angelica sighed again. It wasn't easy for her. "Well... I had to trade it to get the rules for the ritual of the fountain. I didn't want to trade the ring. I wanted to give anything else, but Tia Dalma wanted this ring, I don't know why exactly this one. I thought of my father and how bad his chances were to stay alive, so I did it. I didn't wanted to disappoint you... I'm sorry for that."
It was not typical for Angelica to apologize like this, but Jack's behavior when he gave her the ring back, had shocked her again.
Jack laughed. "You don't have to apologize, Angelica. I know how the situation was." he said.
"But you sounded so disappointed when you gave me the ring back."
"Well... I think it's just because the situation isn't easy at the moment. I don't know what to believe, I'm serious." Jack said.
"What do you mean." Angelica didn't understand.
"Well... on the island you said you hate me, but you also said that you-"
"I know what I said." Angelica interrupted him. Her view was on the floor.
"And what was the truth...?" Jack asked carefully.
"Both, I guess. I mean... Sometimes I would love to hate you, but there is something that does not allow it..."
"I could completely understand if you hate me now..."
"But I don't. I just got so much questions..."
"We've got a lot to talk about I guess..." Jack said and smiled a bit at her.
Angelica just nodded and looked at him.

A while later they sat down on the big table in the Captain's cabin. Both of them did not know how to start. They wanted to talk, really talk, but it was harder than it first seemed. Jack noticed that Angelica was really uncomfortable.
"Why?" she asked then very quietly.
Jack knew of course what she meant.
"I don't know..." he just answered.
He was very sentimental at the moment, what wasn't very common for him.
"You don't know?" Angelica asked a little bit shocked.
Jack said nothing.
"Well, I was not so important to you then, as you have always told me."
"I think you never understood how important you really were to me, and you still are..." Jack mumbled.
"Are you serious?" Angelica got louder.
"I didn't know what to do. I never wanted to hurt you like I did... two times." Jack explained himself.
"Do you know what hurts? That you give me the feeling not to be worth only one answer. Sometimes you show me that you care about me, but sometimes you prove me the completely opposite."
"What do you expect?" Jack asked as loud as Angelica.
"I expect that you tell me now why you did this. Because there has to be a reason. Nobody just leaves someone on an island." she looked at him expectantly.
"After my father died, I had nothing, you know. Nothing. And then you took me away, brought me to that island. And then you left without saying anything. You did not explain it to me, you just left me with all my questions!" Tears rolled down Angelica's cheeks. She looked down and tried to calm herself.
She did not plan to get so emotional, but she couldn't hold it back.
Jack knew that all she said, was right. He had left her and he had hurt her, even if he didn't want to. "The truth is, I don't have an answer for the question 'why', because I really don't know it. I already told you that I'm sorry."
"But is what I said to you just before you left just passed you by? Did you even take it serious? And was that what you said to me meant seriously?
I ask myself all these questions every single minute."
"It meant a lot to me what you said. Really. I take it very serious." Jack sounded serious for real.
"You only talk of me all the time. But what about you? You said something too, what about that?"
"Why is that important to you at once?" Jack seemed a little bit annoyed.
"It was always important to me! Once again it shows that you have never cared about me!" Angelica jumped up from her chair.
"I always have cared about you and I do still care, believe it or not!" Jack did the same.
"But you never showed me! I should never have let you get so close to me!" More and more tears rolled down her cheeks.
Tears of sadness and fury.
"What does that mean?!" now Jack became angry too, because he did not understand.
"You know exactly what I mean, Jack!"
"Do you know something, just forget it! Forget everything we've ever spoken or done, all right. That will be the best." Jack said with a cold voice.
"I cannot forget that and I cannot forget you, I have tried it so many times!" Angelica said with a quiet and slow voice. "As strange as we are now, we weren't even when we met."
"But what do you want then? You say you care about me and can't forget me, but you also say the opposite."
"Because that's just how it is! You don't make it easier to me, because I just wanted a few answers and at first I thought you would give me. But now we are arguing again, because the great Captain Jack Sparrow seems to be too proud for talking seriously."
"Angelica... you don't understand this-"
"Oh I do understand this very well!" Angelica said with tears in her eyes.
"Because I was too in love, I trusted you and appreciated you, but I did not see you lying to me in everything you said. I do not understand how I could not hear how you fooled me. Only now I do see it. You were the person who made me happy, and now? Everything is gone. I can not say that I do not care about you and that I'm not interested anymore, but I can say it was a mistake!"
Then she turned around before Jack could say anything, and left the room...

—————————
That was a really long chapter.
The situation escalated.🤯
Do you think they will calm?😥