Chapter 26

The whole crew was sleeping. The sky was black and many stars were shining. Suddenly a big storm came by. The waves climbed at the Black Pearl and the ship started to move in the wind. The sails were flattering around. The water was flowing under deck.
It began lighting and thunder.
More and more water flew under deck. Suddenly it came underneath Angelica's door into her room. It rose and rose, but the sleeping Angelica didn't notice anything.
After a few minutes the water had risen until her bed and she got wet. Immediately she jumped up as she felt the cold water.
And then she heard the crew screaming and heard how many people were running around.
Angelica decided to go outside too, to see what was going on.
Everything in her room was full of water.
On the corridor everyone was hurrying around, carrying many buckets to bring the water out. Angelica helped them.
It wasn't easy, because the rain was very strong and the waves didn't grow smaller.
"Hurry, hurry!"
"Come on! More buckets!"
The crew was screaming around.
Jack, who was sleeping in his Captain's cabin, wasn't a victim of the water, because the Captain's cabin wasn't under deck. But because of the loud screaming, he woke up too.
When he stepped out of his room he frightened.
"What's going on?!" he asked.
Gibbs paused next to him.
"The storm was far too strong." he explained.
"Don't lose any time my friend!" Jack shouted. "We need more buckets!"
Jack took two buckets and ran under deck too.
The fact that the ship was varying, made it way harder for them to be quick.

After a long time of running, carrying and screaming, the water got less.
The rain stopped and the wind calmed.
They all took the rest of the water out of the corridors and came together on deck.
They were tired, because it was in the middle of the night, they were torn from sleep and needed to hurry as quick as they could. All of them were wet and dripped. It was very cold.
Angelica dragged herself to the stairs that led to the wheel and sat down on the first step. She put her face in her hands and sighed.
Thomas and Scrum went already to sleep again, even if they were wet. The tiredness won.
Philip yawned too. "I think I'm going to sleep too." he mumbled.
"I'll accompany you." Gibbs said.
Jack just came on deck when the two wanted to leave.
"Go to sleep too, Jack. It does not help anything. The sun should dry everything tomorrow." Gibbs put his hand at Jack's shoulder.
"Yes, I think you're right."
Then Jack had to sigh.
"Oh, and..." Gibbs hinted at Angelica. "She's at the end. Care a bit for her." he whispered and laughed quietly. Then he went behind Philip under decks.
Jack just nodded. Gibbs did not know that they were arguing again. But that doesn't matter now.
Jack approached Angelica and sat down next to her on the first step of the stairs.
She didn't notice him.
"What a scare, right?" he asked.
Angelica lifted her head.
"What? ...yes, yes..." she answered. She was tired and she was very wet and cold.
"You can't go to bed like this." he said.
"Well... I have to sleep somewhere." Angelica answered.
"Come on. Get up!" Jack decided and stood up.
"What? Why?" Angelica wanted to know.
"I'll take you to my Captain's cabin."
"No, I think that wouldn't be a very good idea." Angelica mumbled.
"You are trembling. You'll get ill in your cold cabin." he said.
"That's no problem, I-"
"Come on Angelica, I just want to help you." Jack kneeled down to her. "Come on." he held his hand for her and looked her in the eye.
Angelica smiled.
She took his hand and went with him.

Inside it was warm and dry. Angelica felt how the heat flew through her body, what let her feel better.
"You sleep here." Jack pointed at his bed.
"And you?" she asked confused.
"I'll sleep right here." Jack took a duvet out of his wardrobe and put it on the floor.
"Are you sure?" Angelica asked carefully.
"Yes. I am sure. Angelica please, it's in the middle of the night. We should sleep." Jack smiled at her and winked.
Angelica had to smile too and rolled her eyes.
Jack was crazy. He always could make her smile. And even if they just argued, he never was unforgiving.
Jack couldn't forget what she said, and he wished that she had decided differently, but she was very important to him and he would never let her fall just because she decided against him.
For Angelica, in those moments she realized that she needed him. She wanted to be near him, but then she remembered all the other times. She couldn't understand why it was so hard for her to get over this, why she needed to remember this all the time. It was a burden.
She went to bed, closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but anyway, her thoughts stayed with Jack...

————————————
This was Chapter 26!🤗
This was a bit more romantic, but I can tell you now, that we will experience more about Sparrangelica in the following chapters.🥰