Chapter 14

In this time, Captain Hector Barbossa left the port of Tortuga on his ship and with his crew. He was thinking about all what happened with Jack, Angelica and Gibbs. He couldn't believe that they managed it to steal his sword and to get the Black Pearl back.
The Queen Anne's Revenge moved farther and farther away from the island until she disappeared on the horizon.
Barbossa gave a few orders to his crew and looked through his telescope. There was no ship to see and no island to see. Only the sea.
Barbossa felt so powerless on this great ship, without the sword.
But it was gone.
He had to find a way to be superior to everyone else. He knew a way, but to get what he wanted, he needed to act deliberately.
A bright smile came on his lips when he thought of what would happen if he had achieved what he wanted.
His goal was no longer only to destroy Jack Sparrow, no. He had very different plans. And those plans would help him then to destroy Jack Sparrow forever and it also would help him for himself.
He had vowed to take revenge. And he would do that now.

Barbossa went into his Captain's cabin. He closed the heavy door and walked to the desk, which stood in front of a shelf. The floor groaned when he walked over it.
On the desk lay many different maps and writings, a compass and an other telescope.
Barbossa looked at it and painted more lines into the largest map. He compared courses, calculated them, and compared them again. Then he turned to the shelf behind him with the glass door. He opened it slowly and looked through the different compartments. From the top he brought a wooden box, with many patterns. He placed it on the desk and sat down on the big, heavy chair with wine-red pols. He opened the box and pulled out a scroll.
Barbossa smiled nasty and put it aside. Out of the box he got a big poster-like picture. It showed a bay. It seemed like this bay belonged to a cave that was submerged. Only at this bay was a kind of hole, from which one could emerge and get air. The picture showed a ledge on which one could move.
Then Barbossa began to read the scroll:

"A legend says that there are seven jewels in the world, each with the task of ruling one of the seven seas.
However, these jewels have not been found to this day. No one knows if the stories are true.
It is said that the one who succeeds in tearing the jewels out of their spell will be able to rule over wind and tides.
But no one knows if this is really the case.
Nobody knows if these jewels really exist.
Tree of the jewels were lost hundreds of years ago, and nobody has seen them since.
It means that everyone will die trying to remove the jewels from their place.
The one who manages to take the jewels legally should be rewarded for it. This person gets the power to rule over wind and tides and won't loose it anymore."

Barbossa smiled brighter. He wanted to find the jewels for so long, but now he could.
Then he looked back at the picture. At the bottom right corner was written:
"The core of the ocean."
And as Barbossa wanted to put the picture away, a piece of paper fell out. This was unknown to him.
He took it and saw that it was a letter.
He read:

"My dear Angelica,
I already told you about the jewels, but I never gave you that picture. Now, that I know that I have to die very soon, I want you to take it. We both had the plan to get those jewels, together. But now the Quatermaster saw my death. I fear my time is up and that's why I want you to give this to you. I don't have much to inherit you, but this is all what I got, so I want to give it to you.
And the ship, of course. I want you to be Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge and sail under this flag.
We talked a lot about the jewels and about the core of the ocean, but I never told or showed you what this is. I can't explain it by myself, because nobody knows what the core of the ocean is. I just got this picture and it might help you, I hope.
Your father."

Barbossa laughed and tore the letter...

——————————
Will Angelica find out the truth, and will she know one time what her father wanted to give her before he died?🤨