Chapter 13

Jack and Angelica passed by the little side paths which would lead them into certain death. It was very dark in this corridor, not like in the front side of the cave where they spoke with Blackbeard.
"Why are not we tempted?" Jack asked quietly.
"We do not have the jewel yet." Angelica responded. The corridor was long and it seemed like it would never end.
Then they came into a little hall. They could see the main corridor and walked over.
Suddenly Jack could hear a few voices which came from the way they needed to go.
"Come on!" he whispered and pulled Angelica by her arm behind a tall rock. Angelica didn't realize yet, what was going on.
"What's the prob-"
"Shht." Jack held her mouth shut. Shortly afterwards, they heard two men enter the hall. Angelica frightened.
They talked about the jewel and that it would be save until they come back.
Jack didn't know these voices.
When the two went away, Jack looked carefully if they are really gone.
Then he brought out Angelica and they went on.
"We have to be quick. You've heard it, they will be back soon." Jack whispered.
Then they walked quicker.

After a while Jack and Angelica stood in front of a big rock. They pushed it out of their way and saw a room. Inside was a kind of altar, on which was a glass dome. The two approached the altar and looked at the glass dome.
Immediately, a bright blue light appeared to them. The jewel lay there. Salvation and safe. Angelica lifted the glass dome and set it aside.
"So this is the jewel..." Jack mumbled. "Yes... might be." Angelica smiled and looked at him.
"Thank you." Jack whispered. "For?" Angelica asked.
"Without you I hadn't found it."
"Wait wait, Sparrow. We don't got it yet." she said. "You can thank me if we are safe out of this. Anyways... you thank me quite often this time, do you?" she smiled.
In that moment the two unknown men came back to the room and saw them standing next to the jewel.
"Hey, you!" they screamed.
Immediately, Angelica reached for the jewel, pocketed it, and drew her sword, as Jack had done.
The men drew their swords too.
"Do you remember what I taught you?" asked Jack and smiled. "Is that a serious question, Sparrow?" Angelica asked and they understood each other with only one sight.
Then the two unknown attacked. Jack and Angelica defended themselves and at the same time they tried to get outside into the corridor.
Jack really didn't know who the two men were. They must been on this island for many many years.
When they had managed to get into the corridor, they ran as fast as they could towards the exit, followed closely by the two unknown men.
After a while they knocked them down, so they were put out of action.
But suddenly Jack stopped running. Angelica turned around. "What's up? Come on, I already can see the exit." she said.
But Jack didn't react. She got really scared as she looked in his eyes. He seemed like he was an other person.
Slowly he approached the little side path.
"No no no Jack!" Angelica shouted and tried to hold him back.
"Let me go Angelica!" he said, but she did not. "No Jack! Remember what my father said. This is your death!" Angelica realized that Jack had got tempted and she got scared.
"Please Jack..." she mumbled and tried to hold him back more and more.
"But don't you hear those voices?" he asked her.
"No... I-I don't hear them." Angelica answered.
"But I do. They call me." Jack said, smiled and tried to get into the path.
"Jack! You got tempted!" Angelica pulled him back by his shoulders. Then she took his arms and led him into the bright entrance hall. "We are only here to get the jewel, don't you remember?" she asked him. "No I don't want any jewels!" Jack shouted.

When they arrived in the entrance hall, Jack became the old one again. "What happened to me?" he asked. "You got tempted."
"I got what?!" he shouted.
There began a violent storm in the cave. The same storm as he raged outside. The wind tried to push the two back into the corridor.
"I'll tell you later." Angelica said.
With difficulty they managed to get out of the cave and reached the Black Pearl.

Gibbs, Scrum, Philip and the little Thomas helped them getting on board.
"Before you all ask what we did this long time in there, we will sail away from this curses island, now!" Jack ordered.
So they did.
They sailed away and the more they got away from the island the more the storm left...

—————————
This was Chapter 13! I hope you liked it😜