Chapter 16

Jack was still very shocked from the last evening. He was angry that Angelica did not even try to understand his position and always had to get angry. But he also could understand what she meant and that she wanted answers from him.
But like always, Jack kept being stubborn and Angelica too.

Jack was standing at the railing looking through his telescope. It was in the middle of the day and he hadn't seen Angelica today. He went back to the wheel, where the map laid on the little table. Concentrated, he looked at it and tried to focus on possible these places where the second lost jewel could be.
In this time, Gibbs came over to him.
"Good Morning, Jack!" he said and seemed in a very good mood.
"Morning, Master Gibbs." Jack didn't seemed to be in a good mood.
"Are you in trouble?" Gibbs asked.
Jack looked up from the map at his friend. "No." he just answered.
"Well, alright... yesterday Angelica informed us that Blackbeard told you two something about a place where the second jewel is, but you did not tell us yet where this place is." Gibbs went on.
"He just told us that it's a castle in the south. Now I'm looking for possible places where this could be." Jack explained.
"Where's Angelica?" Gibbs asked then. "I don't know." Jack answered only very shortly. "I haven't seen her today, did you?" Gibbs looked around.
"No, I haven't."
"Jack? Are you sure that you are all right?" Gibbs noticed that something was different. "I know you." he added then.
Jack sighed annoyed. "Listen..." he said. "Yesterday, Angelica and I wanted to talk about the thing with the island again and then we quarreled a lot. I have not seen her since. Are you happy now?"
"What?! But-"
"She claimed I had never cared for her. That's not true!" Jack interrupted him.
"Well... I'm sure you still care for her. But have you ever shown it to her? She needs to feel it, Jack." Gibbs explained.
But Jack said nothing, he just listened to him.
"I can't blame her that she is angry and disappointed because of what happened on the island. In this point I can completely understand her, Jack."
"Gibbs! On which side do you stand?!" Jack shouted.
"On none side!"
Jack knew by himself that she was right in this point, but he would never admit it.
"If she is important to you, show it to her!" Gibbs just said and went away.
Jack thought about these words very long. He would never tell anyone, but he thought more about Angelica that he would admit.

"Captain! You should come and see this!" shouted Barbossa's the first mate.
The elder man walked by and took the telescope.
He saw a big, black ship with rotten sails. He laughed and put the telescope away.
Then he turned around. "Men! Prepare the cannons! But don't shoot yet!" he shouted.
Everyone did what he had just ordered.
The Queen Anne's Revenge came closer and closer to the other ship...

——————————
Today a bit shorter chapter🙃
But: Would you like to have a completely new character in the story?🥰