Chapter 18

Scrum came to Jack and Angelica at the railing. He was visibly excited. "Captain!" he shouted.
Jack and Angelica turned around. Scrum approached them and couldn't calm himself.
"Scrum... what happened?" Angelica was wondering.
He was just smiling.
"Turn your head to the right, Miss Teach." he said smiling.
Angelica did and Jack also.
"That can't be real!" Jack mumbled.
Right in front of them laid an island in the water not far away, on which was a huge castle. It was impossible to overlook it.
The island wasn't big and that was the reason for the castle looking that huge.
"I'll go and get the other jewel." Jack decided.
He wanted to be sure that if they would find a jewel, it was the right on. So he wanted to proof it with the other one. If they would light up, it will be the proper one.
But as he brought it out of his cabin and took it near Angelica, it began to light up very bright.
"What's that?!" Gibbs asked surprised.
"I don't know." Jack responded.
"But I know..." Angelica seemed shocked and lifted her hand on which she wore the ring that she got from Jack.
The stone of the ring shone too.
They all looked at it in unbelief.
A few minutes nobody said a word.
"Does this mean that this is one of the missing jewels?" Jack asked even if it was clear.
"I-I think yes." Gibbs answered.
"I had no idea..." Jack mumbled. He had took the ring with him for years and never knew what it really was.
"B-But this is very good, isn't it?" Angelica began to smile.
They all were still a bit shocked, because nobody expected that.
"Yes it is. Because if we got succeed in the castle, we got all lost jewels together and can concentrate on the chest that we're looking for!" Philip shouted and smiled.
"But how couldn't we notice this before?" Gibbs asked.
"Because Jack put the jewel away right after we got it. We hadn't had any chance to see it. The ring and the jewel weren't near enough to each other." Angelica explained.
"Maybe this is the reason why you weren't got tempted at the Island of the Living Dead. The ring saved you!" Jack said. "Maybe. But you got the other jewel." she answered.
"We will never know, but this is our chance now!" Philip interrupted them and pointed at the castle on the island.
As they all realized that their mission seemed not that impossible anymore like it seemed at the beginning, they started to laugh. With a little bit of luck they could get all of the missing jewels together and find the chest and after that... they could rule the wind and tide.

After a while the whole crew got off the Pearl and approached the castle. As they stood in front of the huge building they just looked at it, until Jack broke the silence.
"Alright men! We will find this last jewel now! Be prepared for everything. I don't think it will be that easy just to go inside there and get it. Always look for your weapons! We will go in now!" he ordered.
So they did.

Inside everything was very old. The corridors were cold and dilapidated and also very small. Inside weren't any windows or lights.
It took a while until their eyes got used to the darkness.
After going through the long corridor they stood in front of a big door out of heavy wood. Jack opened it and the room was like a safe. Nothing was in there, just a beautiful stone was laying on the cold stone floor.
When they entered the room it lit up.
"This has to be the jewel!" Scrum shouted.
"But..." Jack was thinking." "What?" Gibbs asked him.
"Is it really possible that it's that easy?"
"Well... this has to be the jewel and there is nothing that can hide us." Gibbs said. "That's what we thought at the island of the Living Dead. And then I got tempted and was about to go into certain death."
Suddenly the jewel and Angelica's ring began to shine. Also the one they had already found before began to shine.
"This is the jewel! Just put it and let's get out of here!" Angelica shouted immediately.
"Well that sounds very intelligent." they all heard a voice, but it wasn't someone of the crew...

——————————————
Who might that be??🤔🤔