Chapter 11

Later Angelica came back on deck and saw Jack standing alone at the wheel. She went over to him and looked at the map on the little table. Then she spotted a little island in the northwest of the caribbean. This island was completely black colored and looked different to the others.
"What's that?" she asked and pointed at the island.
"Oh, that's the island of the Living Dead." Jack answered.
"The Living Dead?" Angelica repeated his answer in disbelief.
"Yes."
"And what should that be?" she wanted to know.
Jack turned to her and the map.
"It is an island where the greatest villains of the oceans are after their death. They are bound to this island and can not leave it, but they are still alive there. As far as you can call this alive..." he explained to her.
"And is it possible to go there? I mean to speak with them and so on..." Angelica was thinking about something.
"Yes, it is... but you have to promise me that you will never go there!" Jack shouted.
"Why?"
"The island tempts you and lures you into certain death."
"But Jack... If there are all the villains of the oceans, then my father has to be there too." Angelica began to smile.
"What do you try to tell me with that?"
"Jack! I can see him again!" Angelica looked very happy.
Jack sighed. "Angelica... Your father is not without any reason on this island."
"He would never do anything to me."
"Are you really sure about that?" Jack asked. He knew that it was hard for her to understand, but nobody could trust Blackbeard.
"I am sure." Angelica said. "And..." she went on. "If we could go there-"
"We can not go there!" Jack became serious.
"Let me finish."
"No! The island means certain death." Jack responded.
"But my father is the only one we can ask for more information." Angelica said.
"Do you really think Blackbeard would help me?" Jack didn't believe.
"Not you..." Angelica began. "But me..." she smiled.
"And what if he knows nothing more?"
"He does. I got all my information from him and he knows more, I am sure!"
Jack stayed silent.
Angelica was so stubborn.
After a while he answered. "Well... Unfortunately it's our last chance to find out where those three jewels or the chest could be."
"That means?" Angelica asked.
"I think we have to sail there. But please, never go there alone." Jack said.
"Yes..." Angelica mumbled.
It seemed like Jack feared that anything could happen to her.
Immediately they headed for the island of the Living Dead.

After a while Angelica saw a little spot at the horizon. She was sure that it was the island of the Living Dead. She stood at the railing not far away from Jack who still was at the wheel.
"Jack, look!" she shouted.
Jack went over to her and looked through his telescope.
"Yes... this is it." he said without any emotion and went back to the wheel. Angelica followed him.
"Is everything right?" she asked.
"I do not like going there, but you know that."
"I thought we would agree that this is the only way to find out more."
"Yes, but I still do not feel good about it, alright?" Jack answered.
Suddenly it got windy. The sails began to move faster and faster. Angelica's hair was blowing in the wind.
The closer they came to the island, the more windy it was. At some point it was almost impossible to stay on deck. Slowly the wind turned into a storm.
The crew already went under decks and Jack and Angelica did the same.

Under deck they got attacked by questions of the rest. They did not know yet where the journey was leading them.
"What's the reason for that storm?" Thomas asked.
"What's that island that comes closer and closer?" Scrum wanted to know.
Gibbs looked Jack deep in the eye. "Captain... where are we?"
"We are about to sail to the island of the Living Dead." Jack answered, but seemed desperate.
"What?!" Gibbs shouted.
"What is that?" Thomas wanted to know.
"Ask her." Jack just said and pointed to Angelica and walked down the aisle.
Angelica rolled her eyes.
"It is our last chance to get any information about the jewels."
After explaining everything and mentioning the things what Jack was worrying about, they all noticed how the Black Pearl came to the shore of the island.
"I think it's time." Gibbs said.
"Only Angelica and I will go." Jack decided then.
"What?! But Jack-"
"It's too dangerous. If Angelica was not the only one who could get Blackbeard to help us, I would not take her too."
"Captain... This is a mistake." Gibbs tried to bring Jack to reason.
"Then it's mine." Jack just answered. "No discussion, you stay on board."
"Then we will accompany you two on deck." Philip said.
Gibbs, Philip and Thomas went on deck.
Angelica approached Jack. "Why wouldn't you take me if I wasn't the only one who could get Blackbeard to help us?" she asked.
"Because it's too dangerous, like I said." Jack answered.
"But you do not have to worry about that. I am a pirate, just like you. Don't forget that."
"But I do." Jack was really serious.
He brought out the ring of thieves and showed it to Angelica. "Do you remember?" he asked.
"Where did you get-?"
"I found it at Tia Dalma's house. Let us talk about it another time. We have to go now. I just hope I don't have to give it back to you again."
Jack gave her the ring and went on deck.
Angelica didn't know how to react. She did not expect that Jack had found the ring.
And she also didn't expect that he would give it back to her after all that time.
She didn't knew what to think about that, but that did not matter yet. She had to concentrate on their destination now...

——————————
Please tell me your opinion about the island of the Living Dead!🥰