Chapter 9

The sun had just set and Angelica was standing at the railing looking at the water. The waves broke at the ship and their sound let her feel calm. The air was fresh and it smelled like it was, when she was at home on this ship. She closed her eyes and felt the wind running through her hair. For some reason she wasn't worried, she just wanted to stay there with her memories in her head.
"Did you miss it?" she heard a familiar voice behind her and before she could turn around Jack came next to her at the railing.
"What?" Angelica asked.
"This feeling. The feeling of being free and unstoppable." Jack said.
"Yes... I-I think I missed it very much." Angelica was very quiet. Jack noticed that she was in thoughts.
"What's up?" he wanted to know. "Oh... nothing..." Angelica mumbled. "Why do you want to find those jewels?" she asked then.
"Well... I thought it would be very interesting to find out more about it. Since you told me about them, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I mean... ruling about the wind and tide..."
"Sounds great, right?" Angelica smiled. "Not bad." Jack looked at her.
She did nothing, but looked so beautiful. Jack couldn't take his eyes off her.
"So... what do you know about the jewels?" Angelica asked and turned to Jack. Then she realized that he had looked at her all the time.
"N-Nothing more than you told me." Jack said. "And how do you think to find them?" she laughed. "I thought you could tell me..." "Well... I don't know where they are, I only know that nobody who's alive has seen them before." Angelica explained. "Great... and how can we find them if nobody knows how they look like?" Jack asked.
"They shine when one of them is near the other one and if we got all of them together, they shine brighter than any light you've ever seen. So tell the stories." Angelica answered.
Jack sighed.
"Did you think it would be easy?" she asked laughing.
"No! Of course not!" Jack shouted. "It isn't easy, but that won't stop me, because I am Captain Jack Sparrow and if I want to find them, then I will, savvy?" Jack looked at Angelica and smiled.
Every time Jack acted like this, Angelica had to smile too. She missed his way to talk when he was determined. He felt unstoppable and exaggerated so much.
"And what else do you know?" Jack asked then.
"Jack really... You just decide to find a treasure of which you know absolutely nothing?" Angelica looked at him with bug eyes.
"I thought you always know everything..." Jack joked.
"Funny." Angelica said ironic and smiled. "Let me think... I know that nobody knows how they look like... and that... oh yes!" she remembered.
"There are seven jewels. One for each ocean. But three of them are somewhere hidden in the caribbean. Three, for the three biggest oceans. The other ones are in the chest."
"Well, do you know where this chest could be?"
"I told you that I don't know much, Sparrow!" Angelica told him.
"No no, you know more than I expected." Jack mumbled. "What does that mean?" Angelica raised her eyebrows. "Oh nothing." Jack laughed.
"And you got no idea where the three jewels could be?" he asked again.
"No. I told you everything I know." Angelica answered. "You can be glad that I help you at all." she joked.
"Alright... alright." Jack said. "Thank you..." he added quietly.
"For?"
"For helping me up with the Black Pearl and for helping me up with the jewels..."
"Of course..." Angelica mumbled quietly and looked at the water again.
"No... not of course. You are absolutely right, I can be glad that you are helping me. After all that happened, after all I did-"
"Jack, stop! Not tonight..." Angelica protested.
"But I could understand if you did not want to help me."
"But I do." Angelica said. "I do not want to ignore what happened, but today I don't want to discuss this anymore."
"All right. I understand." Jack looked at the water. He was glad that she wasn't about to kill him anymore.
"Fine." Angelica said.

Then Jack showed Angelica her cabin. Angelica entered the little room. "This is the cabin where I lived when-"
"When you left the convent, ...right." Jack finished her sentence.
Angelica sat down on the bed and looked around.
"Well... good night then." Jack said and closed the door. "Yes, good night." Angelica responded.
Then she let herself fall back and looked at the ceiling.
It was just crazy. Before a few days she wanted to kill Jack and now she was on his ship sailing with him.
Helping him.
But that won't change anything.
She was disappointed.
But she was also happy to be with him now.
But she got hurt two times and that won't happen a third time.
But the longer she was with him, the harder it was to suppress her feelings. Did she really have feelings? Or was she just confused?
And Jack? Why did he want her to come with him?
Only because of those jewels? Could she believe him this story?
Angelica did not know. She didn't know anymore what to feel, think or who to believe.
She didn't know anything...

——————————
What do you say to the mission of the story? The jewels that got the power to rule the wind and tide, those of which Angelica spoke in 'On Stranger Tides'.👀